• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Don't ya'll forget Mother's Day

Started by kiyitec, May 12, 2007, 09:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyitec

EDIT- I saw several replies here before they got lost in the move.
Mom's name is Carol but the grandkids have some nicknames:
Coyote
Grandy Griz
Comanche  (although that blood is on my Father's side)
Ya she is as tough as nails, but soft as silk.

Here she is: the one that brought me into this world and has threatened to take me out of it A few times.  The woman that used to think we shot quail out of the air with single projectiles.  The woman I used to watch smack several home runs over centerfield fence in softball, and threw my dad AND A park cop into A brick wall to get at the "whole other team" after they tried to beat up one of her littler team mates. And I am here to tell ya that park cop went sailing!  Ed* I was about 7- I just stood there eating popcorn - in awe!!!
  The one person you'd take fishin' with you buddies, and have them blush at the conversation.  I remember one night Mom and I went through about 12 dozen minnows and caught so many crappie, both our thumbs were raw from taking fish of the hook.  All my buddies caught was A buzz.  For years all I heard at work was "can we take your Mom fishing?"
  We taught her how to hunt about 14 years ago and she never looked back.  Deer and turkey are her main game, and the morels don't stand A chance when she is in the woods. She did miss A bobcat this year, but don't tell her I told ya!
  We almost lost her A few years ago after A knee surgery when  blood clots went through her heart.  She has fought back to the point she can walk the 100 yards down to her stand.  Although she has had to cut the horses down from 60 to 9 they still get lots of attention.

Her last few turkeys she has called in her self.  Here is A pic of her with A 2004 spring gobbler.

We have since upgraded her camo from those 1970's handme downs!

We are working on getting her A permit from the Conservation dept so she can use A crossbow during archery season.  There's no way she could pull back A bow nowdays, and I'd like to get her out there before it gets too cold.
  Also her wood workshop is hosting my call making and she can't wait to get started.  Think she may even have caught some coyote fever this year.

Weapons of choice: Remington Woodsmaster 742 .243, Mossberg 20 ga 3" mag, softball bat, very large spoon for bonking.
   Hope ya guys liked the stories.  Have A happy Mother's Day    ~Kevin
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

iahntr

Very nice write up about your mother, thanks for sharin it with us. She sounds like alot a fun! (and somebody you don't wanna "p" off :biggrin:)
Scott