• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Eye Injury (Pic Added)

Started by CypressSlough, May 12, 2007, 02:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey Guys, I just wanted to let everyone know my 4 year old daughter cut her eyeball. Not the eyelid but the actual globe of the eye. It was leaking optical fluid and had to be repaired. we spent yesterday and this morning at Arkansas Children's Hospital. They were able to repair the leak and save her eye. She has some vision loss, but they do not know how much vision loss she has. They operated on here yesterday. This morning they did another eye exam, vision test and ultrasound of her eye. The vision test went fairly well. With the leak repaired, the eye has regained most of it's shape and some vision loss has been regained. The lens was also damaged and has already started to form a cataract. This will be removed within the next couple of weeks. They are very optimistic about her regaining full use of her eye. Their biggest concern is infection at this point. My daughter is in good spirits and doing ok, but she has already started asking why everyone is looking at her eye. We don't want her developing a complex about herself. So we are going to keep her out of sight for a few days until the patch comes off. I feel absolutely horrible since she was injured from doing something I asked her to do. I was washing dishes and dropped a steak knife. To keep from getting water all over the floor, I asked her to pick it up and hand it to me. When she picked it up, she wiped the hair out of her eyes and stuck the knife into it. I know accidents happen,  but damn I feel like crap. All she can say is daddy I'm sorry. Over and over again. I just wanted to let you guys know. I probably won't be around much over the next couple of weeks, and call orders will be delayed a bit. I will keep everyone informed of her progress. I just ask everyone to keep her in their prayers. Thanks guys.

Hey Guys, thought I would put a face with the story. This is my Chloe.  Funyuns, chocolate around the mouth and all.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

DirtyDog

Wow, My thoughts and prayers will be with her and your family. Please do not hesitate to ask you family here at FnF if you need anything.

ND

CCP

My thoughts and prayers will also be with her and your family. Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Pilgrim

I hope she gets her full vision back.  Prayers.

Todd Rahm

I hope all goes well and she heals up right quick for ya, as I'm sure she will  :wink:

Bopeye

Man........that made me sick reading it Brian......I can't imagine what your feeling right now Bro. but I will keep your little girl and your family in my prayers.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

WhiteHare

Brian,  You can be sure she will be in our prayers at the Hughes household.   The whole family will be....

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

keekee

Sorry dude! Tell her I wish her the BEST!

Brent

CypressSlough

Thanks Guys. We all definitely appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I told her everyone at FnF were thinking of her. She gave a big smile and said those guys are great. I will say it too. You guys are great. That's why I call this place home. We go back to the hospital Tuesday. I will keep ya'll up on what's going on. Thanks again Brothers.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Braz

Here's hoping for a swift and COMPLETE recovery. Just be sure she knows you are by here side all the way. Good luck.
Braz

Nelson

The best of luck to you and your little girl.  My prayers are with you, and I know she will make a complete recovery.

Nelson

Bills Custom Calls

Heres to a speedy recovery

I am sure your customers will understand

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

keekee

How about sending me a PM with a address, I got a little something for her!

Brent

vvarmitr

CK & I will be lifting your daughter & you up in prayer.  I have been convinced that The Father will take care of it. :wink:

HuntnCarve

We will keep your daughter in our prayers.  It sounds like she's a real trooper, and will quickly heal, and put this one behind her.   Keep us posted.
Dave

FinsnFur

My reply got swept during the move so here I go again.

She got a good poppy watching over her Brian.  :wink: Hopefully everything continues to progress well.
It's not anybodys fault, let her know were pullin for her.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CypressSlough

Thanks Guys.

Jim, I will let her know for sure. She said to tell daddy's boys "Thank You".

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Arkyyoter

Brian....first I have seen of this post...my sympathy and prayers are yours.....

Keep us posted...

Joe

KySongDog

My reply also got swept away in the server move.

Just wanted to say your little girl is in my prayers, Brian.  Hope her eye heals up OK.

Johnny

iahntr

Mine got removed too. Just wanted to let ya know prayers sent from our family to yours.
Scott