• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Going POSTAL- fun read, relax

Started by kiyitec, May 16, 2007, 10:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiyitec

I have had some shipping problems here lately, as some of you know, so I figured I would share some insight into the Post Office.
  My Father retired last year after 31 years at the post office.  Here are some of my favorite stories from those years.

1.   A mail carrier was attacked by A squirrel while walking his route.  It jumped off A limb and bit him on the neck and tore him up pretty good.  My father was sent to the scene.  Upon arriving there  the chief of police showed up with some officers.  The chief himself asked the mail man about the attack.  After taking the statement he then asked   "Can you identify the squirrel?"

2.   A mail carrier completely flipped out while walking his route(this guy went T totally nuts!).  I mean sitting on the sidewalk with the mail bag between his legs thowing letters up into the air and watching them fall to the ground while talking to himself.  This went on until the mail bag was empty, and my Father showed up in response to the "concerned citizen call".  The mail was delivered and the guy got A free ride to the hospital.  The next day Dad shows up to work and all the doors are locked.  The post office is on lock down because the guy called in threatening to come in and shoot everyone with his pistol.   SOOOOO-  Dad spent 8 hours sitting on the docks drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes waiting on this guy to show up.  About every half hour someone would unlock the door, run out with another cup of coffee, and run back in and lock the door.  He didn't show up & I would hate to think what would have happened to either of them!  Police got him that night.

3. stamp prices-   Everyone I ever knew would ask him why stamp prices went up, then complain to him like he was the one who set the prices.  His reply was always the same-  "Well,  the price of ammunition went up!"  most people just nodded in acceptance.

4.  The year I turned 13 Dad had A hard time with the postmaster getting the vacation days he wanted for quail season.  So on his written formal request under *why are you asking for these days off?* - he wrote "because I haven't killed anything in 9 months"  at the bottom was the postmaster's sig in blue ink.   He showed it to me just before we loaded the dogs, and I can still remember the smile on his face that day.  hum... wonder if he still has that slip.

5.  Dad actually lost his job there years before after A dog ripped his knee apart while carrying mail.  He had to sue through the union to get his job back. A state congressman had A hand in that too.  That took A long time, and I remember being so broke it wasn't funny.  Prolly why I don't let my kids go without anything. 

6.  Dad was remodelling the front counters/ customer area.  They didn't have the tools they needed so he brought A bunch of stuff from home.  The postmaster complained that they were taking to long on the project and bitched Dad out because he put 2 coats of paint on A wall.  Dad said  F U I'll take my toys home, so he did.  The lobby sat totally fubar for days untill his boss went and rented several hundred dollars worth of stuff to finish it up. (that's why the price of stamps went up!)

7. & 8.  All the guys there used to bring in guns to sell, trade, or work on during breaks- for years.  Yes, my Father was ordered to have A anger management poster on the wall in front of his desk.  It could not be obstructed by anything- all family pictures had to be hung as to not touch it.

100.  Almost forgot-  he had to take A mail jeep apart (seat and dash etc) to get A very large mail carrier woman out. She was stuck in there for hours.  It seems after that they had to modify it to accept her femi-curve  figure.

Well, this ended up kinda long.  If you guys need more I'll go for round two!  Hope you laughed as much as I have.  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

Hawks Feather

Thanks.  It was a good read.

Jerry

catskinner

My dad was also a gov. worker, worked for the Forest Circus for 25 years. He always said that they always did what was the least likely and the most costly. Reminds me of the remodel job you talked about.

Good post.

ohiobob

KT
that is some good stuff and i would love to see "round" 2
and about #4 on your list,,i actually did that on one of my vacation slips about 10 years ago because they kept denying a lot of peoples vacations,,but i got my time off after the #4 reply :biggrin:
of course if you do it now days you would have the National Guard stormtroop the lunch room,and then 6 years of anger management,your guns conficsated for 6 months,,for YOUR protection of course and 50 urine test's for NO reason at all
So now days i TRY to watch what i say and write because there are to many people out there that sound the alarm when there is NO reason to sound the alarm :laf:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???