• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Judd Cooney

Started by CCP, May 16, 2007, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

I just got my latest issue of predator extreme as I was thumbing through I came across Cooney's corner. I noticed some AR pic's and the title "Change don't come easy". I being an AR fan wanted to read this article but what I found was of NO value.

After mention of Byron South, Predator Masters and Bushmaster he preceded to go to the defense of Jim Zumbo. He cut loose on the American gun owner,shooters and the public in general.

Here is a quote.

Unfortunately this chaotic fiasco proved that a number of gun owners, shooters and the public in general are not real smart when it comes to modern technology. A few believe they can say whatever they please on the internet and remain completely anonymous.
Many feel they can use this protective anonymity to stroke their macho self image without the slightest chance of repercussion in any forum.

So from what I gather his defense of Jim Zumbo is the people that spoke out against Jim are not real smart and like to stroke there self image.

I cant believe the editor at  Predator Xtreme mag would let something like this even get to print.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jimmie in Ky

You have to admit that when folks tell the man to stick his own gun to his ear and pull, it is to extreme and lacking good sense.

I have been in this fight and others for a long time. Such action just makes the rest of us look bad to the public . And you can bet th anti's are looking for any chance they can get. Like in the school shootings, they brought up the amount of time between the purchase of the weapon and the date of th shooting. Some reports even made it sound as if the boy was not an american citizen when he purchased the weapons. This proved false but a number of students are still dead because of the young mans actions. Only now do you hear anything about why he did what he did, he was bullied in highschool and at college. But you don' t hear much about that part do you? The gun is still th culprit and the main reason for the killings in the minds of many !!

When Massachussettes wanted to ban trapping all you heard about was how the animals were suffering in traps. Today you don't hear a thing hardly about how the municipal water supplies of many cities in that state are in danger of contamination from the over population of beaver and muskrats. The fact that trapping was the only way to control these animals wasn't even a thought to those that voted for the ban. The idea that animal  populations needed controling was boo hooed right out of the picture. Now they also worry about a half dozen major roads being undermined and washed away because of the beavers. What are they doing about it? They have hired professionals to remove the problem animals. They once had a force of hundreds of folks doing it for free ! Do you reckon the public knows that their tax dollars are now going to trapping small animals?

I agree that Zumbo needed to be brought down a notch for his statements . But how it is done is a major concern to all of us and should be. How do you think we should be percieved by the non- hunting and shooting public? Do you think the anti's are going to use the rational reactions to his comments or the insane ones?

One thing about it though, folks learned quickly how all gun owners felt about his comments. Jimmie

vvarmitr

Quote from: CCP on May 16, 2007, 05:58:00 PMUnfortunately this chaotic fiasco proved that a number of gun owners, shooters and the public in general are not real smart when it comes to modern technology.
"... not real smart ..." as compared to gun writers? :shrug:

Judd is one of my favorite writers & when he said he was still friends w/ Zumbo I admired/respected that. But he went on w/ what appeared to me as the general public is so dumb that we wouldn't know anything if it wasn't for the gun writers.

Gee, maybe I'm so dumb I can't read Predator Extreme & should cancel my subscription.  :confused:

Kinda hit me the wrong way too Rich.

Todd Rahm

Ah, I quit getting that mag a while back for the third time, and now seems to be as good a time as any NOT renew it.

Bopeye

Sounds like Judd is as stupid as Dumbo Zumbo............I think I'll write him.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

I read the same article and i thought to myself:

Self,,Judd Cooney didn't just fall on the same knife that his Buddy Jim Zumbo did,,did he?
and then i realized,,yes,,yes  he DID just fall on the same knife!!!
I liked the part where he said about him anc Zumbo being great friends and blah blah blah and said:,,so IF this upsets you ,quit reading BECAUSE you are not going to like it from here on out!
SO not only did he KNOW us "dumb ass" gun owners didnt like it when old buddy Zumbo did it  BUT he knew we wouldnt like HIS rendition of the SAME !!!
I like the way you guys think that IF we are to damn dumb to make a decision on our OWN maybe we are to damn dumb to read the magazine so since i am wasting my time AND money, i will not need to renew my subscription either!
WTF ?
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???