• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Eye Injury Update

Started by CypressSlough, May 15, 2007, 07:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey Guys. We went back to the hospital today for a check-up. They told us her eye looked really good. The cataract has gotten bigger and created more vision loss. They are gonna remove it in about a week. They also told us there was nothing they could do to repair the cut lens. So after her eye heals enough after the cataract removal, they are performing a lens transplant. Hopefully this will give her 100% of her vision back. They said at the very least she will have to wear a contact in that eye. She is holding up very well and it hasn't seemed to slow her down any. Thanks again guys. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

DirtyDog

:congrats:  :congrats:  :congrats:

That is awsome. I am so glad to hear she is doing well.

ND

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CCP

QuoteShe is holding up very well and it hasn't seemed to slow her down any.

Good to hear she's going in the right direction and it aint holdin her back. :highclap: :highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyotehunter_1

:yahoo: It's great to hear her prognosis is so encouraging.

She is quite a trooper !! :highclap:

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hawks Feather

Brian,

That is good news.  It seems like it will take some time, but it sounds like the doctors are pleased with how her eye is progressing.  Hang in there and I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Good deal, thanks for the update :wink:
So did the wife get a Maytag dishwasher for Mothers Day  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

:highclap: Thanks for keepin us posted Brian. Glad to hear it, the doctors sound very positive.  :highclap:
Scott

ohiobob

Brian
Very Sorry to hear about your little girl, BUT to hear she is all right :highclap:
Hang in there man,,it MUST be a bad week for events dealing with our children and your little girl telling you she is sorry brought a little smile to my face,,its weird how the bad things happen to them and THEY apologize to us,makes you wonder sometimes how things dont bother kids :wo:
Thank you and Good luck
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

kiyitec

Keep the family cheered up and pass out lots of love for us.  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

CypressSlough

Thanks Guys.

Jim, she already has a Maytag, but prefers MY technique better. So she says.  :holdon: I think it is just payback for spending time in the shop.  :shrug: :confused:

You can bet your left nut I won't be asking the girls to help out anymore.  :nofgr: :rolleye:

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

Your bring too hard on yourself Brian. If it didn't happen right there in the kitchen along side you, it woulda happened somewhere else.
Be thankfull you were right there when she needed you the most.

There'll be times to come that your not instantly available to turn to. Those hurt the most.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

That's great news, Brian. Sounds very optimistic. Thanks for the update.

Brad

vvarmitr

Thanks for the update Brian. Glad to hear a good report.

Having raised 3 daughters of my own my advise to you (as to any other fathers that want to listen)  is ...
#1- to lay-off yourself, butt kicking yourself doesn't help her build respect for you.
#2- To say you'll never ask 'em to do anything again will convey to them that you don't trust 'em.

CypressSlough

Thanks guys.

"You can bet your left nut I won't be asking the girls to help out anymore."

What I meant by this was, I won't be asking them to do something that could potentially hurt them to this extent. I still want them helping me. I want to make sure they feel included in whatever I do.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

vvarmitr

Bopeye

I'm so glad that things are looking up for that sweet little girl.  :highclap:

I know why your feeling bad Brian, but who would think of something like that happening? Nobody.
We take are chances every minute of every day.........tomorrow is guaranteed to no man.

You have fun with that little girl and tell her she has some folks pulling for her to have a full recovery.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

Brian
Hopefully she will recover 100%!!! and WHEN SHE DOES she can always tease you about it :laf:
God bless you both

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???