• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First duck hunt of the year

Started by riverboss, December 15, 2013, 06:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

2 friends and I went out sat for the first hunt of the year on the Ohio river, and had a heck of a shoot! . We saw lots of birds and managed to kill 9 mallards and one fish eater.  We lost 3 more to a barge because of motor problems :madd: and had to call it. That would of gave us a 3 man limit of puddle ducks. All of these birds were called in and killed with North Bay calls  that we bought last year, Thanks Steve for making such a great duck call :yoyo: The sound is amazing.

riverboss

Coulter

Nice hunt Dan...I love it when I hear good things about the calls. If you have any pics you can e-mail with the call in it send it up and I'll get it put up on the NB website...well, when I get back that is. Heading down to Chesapeake Bay to hunt for some ducks for a few days. Hopefully we find some birds down there this year. Nice going on that hunt!

Steve

FinsnFur

What kind of problem was the pics giving you Dan?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

It works now Jim, I forgot what it said that wasn't letting me open my browser.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Sounds, and looks like a fun day - except for the motor problems. 

redlaw

Looks like you guys had a blast. I always wanted to get into waterfowl hunting, I bought the tags and federal stamp this year, but have not found a good place to hunt. I live a mile from the Susquehanna River, but have heard the river is very crowded during the waterfowl season.  I would rather not go out as a rookie and ruin someone's hunt in a crowded area.

Question- Were you guys hunting from shore or in a boat? Did you have a dog to retrieve the birds?

riverboss

Thanks Jim! Dave it was a blast we don't get days with birds like that anymore. Red law we used a boat and retrieved the ducks our selves I would try hooking up with someone at a DU banquet, there are always guys looking for hunting partners.