• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

They just don't learn

Started by JohnP, June 01, 2014, 12:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Both of these guys could be living the good life - at the neighbors.  But like most freeloaders they always want more.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I was shootin mine today! What are you using for pellets?

JohnP

Quote from: nastygunz on June 01, 2014, 04:55:50 PM
I was shootin mine today! What are you using for pellets?

Did you kill anything?  Shooting Crossman Premier Hollow Points.  Good stuff, that squirrel never moved!

FinsnFur

Nice John! :eyebrow:
I had a target tonight but he musta sensed what I went back in the house to get, and he fled the scene.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Thats what I use, I was punching paper, for now  :wink:

Carolina Coyote

God shooting Mr. John, You will be seeing more of them when the veggies come in. cc

Dave

Nice shooting, John. 
I like the confidence decoy in the squirrel pic - reminds me of Bill Murray in "Caddyshack."  :laf:

bigben

nice shooting there.  How far was the shot?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

They may not learn to stay out of range but they sure do behave nicely once trained!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

I know city life isn't the best Mr. John but I hope this helps you cope a little better. I know I feel better when I see these posts!!  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Good way to keep your shooting eye sharp without needing to go all that far. 

I don't know if it is true or not, but I heard your good friend obama is planning to sign another executive order outlawing the use of deadly force on any animals in the US so you might want to shoot faster.    :madd:

Jerry

HaMeR

Quoteoutlawing the use of deadly force on any animals in the US

WHHHAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!! NOT a good time to be a groundhog around here. Looks like I'll have to use non-lethal methods of eradication around here!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: bigben on June 02, 2014, 08:03:25 AM

Ben - I killed that squirell at 150 yards, with a 25 MPH crosswind, holding that pistol with only one hand.  The bird at about 20 yards.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on June 03, 2014, 09:33:19 AM
Quote from: bigben on June 02, 2014, 08:03:25 AM
Ben - I killed that squirell at 150 yards, with a 25 MPH crosswind, holding that pistol with only one hand.  The bird at about 20 yards.

Not only that, but it was his weak hand and his dominate eye making it even more difficult.  It was one of those shots that I was ready to say was nothing but luck.  That was until I challenged J.P. on it and he followed up with having me run out to get the squirrel and drop a few aspirins while I was out there.  I be danged if J.P. didn't start shooting those aspirins at the same distance.  He only missed one of the aspirins and that was the last of about 15 or so.  That one saw what was happening and knew that he would be next so as soon as J.P. raised his pistol that little bugger started rolling so that you could only see a small side of it.  When the shot was made he darted behind a small rock - which J.P. struck.  Thinking he was safe he started to hunker down right there behind the rock.  But J.P. wasn't born yesterday and made a shot that I would not have believed if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.  There was a crow flying overhead that had a walnut in its mouth.  John took quick aim and shot knocking the walnut right out of that flying crow's mouth.  John was watching the walnut fall when he let another pellet fly, just barely striking the side of the walnut and causing it to fall right on top of the aspirin - crushing it right where it hid.  I have to say that J.P. ability to shoot a pellet gun is nothing short of amazing!

Jerry