• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Caldwell Deadshot Field pod

Started by HaMeR, November 11, 2013, 05:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HaMeR on June 16, 2014, 03:16:03 AM
Richards Microfit Maple with Rosewood end caps.

Nice looking stock.  I do like thumbhole stocks when I have shot them.

Jerry

JohnP

Yeah that's the first I've seen of it also.  Glen do you handload for that and have you ever used it on anything larger than groundhogs?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Thanks Jerry.   The Richards stocks come just above log form & you gotta do a lot of work. Luckily I have a bunch of woodworking tools laying around the wood shop.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:  I have right close to 10hrs in it & that includes the 7 or 8 coats of poly & 3 coats of wax. T-hole stocks are the best IMO.

When I originally got the rifle I had to shoot factory ammo until reloading components became available. Now it's all handloads. The largest game we can pursue here in Ohio with a tapered/bottle necked case are coyotes. I've shot 2 coyotes with it & one flipped twice & died & the other made it about 35yds into the woods where I found it piled up. The 3rd coyote was never recovered & honestly I think it's because I missed. I THINK I shot just over it's back cause it landed on it's belly then jumped up & ran off. I never found any sign of contact & I knew exactly where it was standing when I believe it ducked. 
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11