• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Carved Pear wood Squirrel call..

Started by HuntnCarve, November 09, 2015, 02:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Several years back I helped my neighbor take down a Pear tree.  I grabbed up a few chunks and set them in the shed to dry.   Last week I was up in the shed loft and noticed a few sticks of the Pear wood.
So off to the shop they went.  I turned this squirrel call out of one section.  Topped it off with a carving of a squirrel I photographed the week before.  The rest is history...

Here's how the carving progressed.

And here's the finished call after a paint job.

Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

pitw

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Makes me wish I had a squirrel to call.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Dale

beautiful work... your talent is amazing...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Sent you a PM Pat.  Thanks for the kind words fellas!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Todd Rahm

Hawks Feather

Dave,

As always your work in impeccable.  But I think you need to think about Pat getting that call.  After all, he has already posted a picture of a 'harvest' that happened with a collectable rifle.  Now if he gets one of your calls think what is going to happen to the squirrel population in his area.  Since he doesn't hunt deer he is going to be a killing machine working to fill his freezer with mini-venisons - squirrels.  This is just not going to end well for the squirrels if he gets that call.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

Just so you can rest at ease.   Pat bought the call.   It should be there tomorrow.
Look out squirrels!

Dave

coyote101

I got the call today and it is better than the pictures depict.  :biggrin: Hopefully there will be squirrel pictures to follow, but gun deer season opens tomorrow, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get after squirrels again.  :sneer:

Thanks Dave.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Thank you Pat.  Glad the call made the journey safely, and that you are pleased.

Dave