• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lure-a-palooza!

Started by nastygunz, June 14, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I stopped into bass pro the other day and was looking at some fishing stuff and it finally struck me I couldn't believe how expensive some of the lures are. I looked at a rubber frog that was $12.95 ! WTH! 

For that amount I could pick up some beer and gas and my buddy Lee Roy the Logger and Stan the Mountain Man and go get us a mess of frogs and have something to eat at the same time.

And then, who has not experienced the exquisite agony of snagging and losing an expensive lure?.  This inspired me to go online and look for some cheap lures and I found this place called wlure.com. The reviews are pretty good and their prices are unbelievable. I bought 45 lures for $.99 apiece.

They come right from China with free shipping and mine got here in under two weeks.  I also bought some stick on three-dimensional fish eyes and some snap links.  I unboxed the lures today and was very surprised and happy that they seem very well-made with black anodized treble hooks very intricate paint schemes and gel coated.

Based on these that I just received I will definitely be doing some more shopping there in the future. I am also going to get a lure retriever, which I had never used before but there are some good YouTube videos on them and they seem to work pretty good to retrieve snagged lures.

The ones I got were each in their own sealed bag and had plastic tubing over the tip of the hooks.  I think most of the fishing lures sold over here are made in China anyway so I have just cut out the middleman! And my wallet thanks me.

pitw

Oh sure put a Yank outta work. :noway:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Good find but I hope the trebles don't look like a harpoon after you snag a large fish. :wo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

They look great.  Super deal.   :highclap:

Being a curmudgeon I would pressure test every hook and eye to see if the hooks are brittle and break and see if the eye will stay in the plug with a strong pull on it.  My guess is that they are good and that even China makes better quality nowadays.

One time my Uncle got a super deal on some pre-tied salmon leaders with two hooks set up for trolling herring.  He lost several fish and we discovered that about half of the hooks would break at the bend with very little pressure. 

FinsnFur

That was my firt thought too. Hooks pulling out of the bodies or brittle hooks. But if they dont and are good quality...wow a find.
The stuff isnt cheap anymore, thats for sure. And sometimes it's tough to find good shit here too. Thats why I make a lot of mine.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I like making my own also, I have been known to whittle a bass plug or two!