• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman doing his frogman thing . . .

Started by Frogman, July 13, 2010, 03:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Ya how those eels are always around crevices Barry.
You'd diffidently want to keep your diving britches up where they belong.  :huh:
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

Jim: How many dives did you do in a day & how many day were you there?

Tikaani

Great pictures Jim, lot of beautiful and amazing fish.  Glad you have a great time every time you go there.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Frogman

vv . . .

We were there from Saturday til Saturday.  I did 13 dives.  Can't dive the last day as we need at least 24 hours out of the water before we fly to avoid bends problems.  Several in our group did many more dives.  26 was the most I think.  I was having some discomfort from a tooth problem which limited the number of dives I felt like doing.  The pressure must have been affecting a filling or something.  We had 12 boat dives in our package.  The diving right off the dock is really good.  many of our group would comeback in from a boat dive, grab another tank and do another dive right off the dock.  We also did some night dives off the dock as well.  I lead groups to Bonaire each year.  This was our 24th consecutive group to the island.  Many of the people that work at the resort are friends that we have gotten to know over the years.  Capt. Don especially, even though he is no longer active in running the resort.

This is the room we stayed in.

The view from our window.  The pool below.  I was in the pool once I think.

The breakfast buffet.

The restaurant at the resort where we had most of our meals.

The package price for this trip was about $2000.00.  That included airfare from Columbus, OH, all your breakfasts, 12 boat dives, unlimited shore diving, airport transfers, a 2010 Scuba WV Bonaire trip t-shirt, and a Rum Punch party.  Tanks and weights are also provided.  We take our regulators, bouyancy control vests, mask, snorkel, fins, and suits.  This is a really good deal, considering all that is included and the quality of the diving at Boanire!  That's why we keep going back.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

That is a great deal, Jim!  I might have to join you next year!    :eyebrow:

I've made dives at Cozumel and the clarity of the water sure beats Cumberland Lake in KY.   :eyebrownod:

Frogman

Semp,

That would be great.  I would really enjoy sharing Bonaire and it's great diving with you!  The trip will probably be scheduled for either the last week in June or the first week in July.   With the economy the way it is the price might be even lower next year??  Maaybe we could get some more FnFrs certified to join us.  The snorkeling is really good also!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!