• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Our Dobbie - "Zeke"

Started by JohnP, December 21, 2009, 04:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

We had to have Zeke put down yesterday.  He was eleven years old which is a considerably long time for a Doberman, especially one his size.  He has been a loyal friend and companion to the entire family but took a special fondness to the grandkids.  He never flushed a pheasant, never retrieved a duck, never pointed a covey of quail, never treed a coon but everytime I hunted alone on the border he was with me and I never had any problems with illegals.  Each night before bed I would let him out and he would run the fence line just to make sure no one was out there.  Likewise in the morning he would make a check of our property.  He once kept two illegals treed until the border patrol got there.  If you so much as raised your voice at the grandkids he would be standing over them showing you his teeth.  I'll surely miss him.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

They become such a part of the family it's a tough decision to make. Especially when they are so attached to the kids.
I've been right where your standing John, and it's not a place I enjoy looking back upon. :sad:

Ole Zeke's going to be in your hearts forever :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

John, I am so sorry to hear about Zeke.  There's just no words to describe the sense of loss that person goes through when they have to let go of a dear friend.  I truly hope you find comfort in the knowledge that he's not in pain, and at peace.  It's a hope that our friends will be waiting for us when our time comes.  In the meantime, please accept my condolences for your loss.  You gave him a wonderful life.  And he gave you undevoted love and loyalty.

Dave

Yotehntr

Sure am sorry to hear of your loss John.  Sounds like he was a heck of a companion.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyotehunter_1

John, it's always bad when you loose a friend, it sounds like Zeke was a good one. I know he will be missed.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hawks Feather

John,

Sorry to hear this.  I remember seeing the pictures before, under better times. 

Jerry

GunDog

I'm very sorry for your family's loss Mr John. They become a big part of everyday life and leave a big hole when their gone. This hole weighs heavy on the hearts - especially the little ones. Prayers sent for your family.

alscalls

:sad:    prayers sent......   :sad:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bigben

I did not realize you were the same john.  remember the good times ya had with him.  it is tuff loosing a family pet.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Frogman

JohnP,

Sorry to hear that!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Sorry for your loss, John.  :sad:   He'll live forever in your memories.  Gone but not forgotten. 

iahntr

Really sorry to hear that John. The bad part of having a pet for sure.
We lost our two boxers to cancer, they were 6 and 9. One we
didn't get put down soon enough, he died basically in our arms,
a month later we had to put down the other one. Very hard time.
Just curious, do ya plan on getting another one ?
Scott

Bopeye

I am sorry for you and your family John. Those pictures of the little one with Zeke speaks volumes of what he was to your family. Our memories grow fonder and our world is a little better for having known them. He is apart of you now. My condolences to all who knew Zeke. He looks like he was one heck of a friend.  :sad:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

JohnP

Quote from: iahntr on December 22, 2009, 08:13:07 PM
Just curious, do ya plan on getting another one ?

Yes we will get another dog, just not a Doberman.  My wife said she couldn't take having another Dobbie after having "Zeke".
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

iahntr

I think that's a good choice.
I think it helps.
Scott

vvarmitr

Nothing like a puppy to heal the lose of your friend. :wink:

Boy Zeke does look like a whopper of a Dobie. :shock2:

Glad you all were blessed to have such a wonderful dog.