• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Official Weigh in Thread

Started by FinsnFur, May 22, 2007, 11:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Ya killin us Stu. I told Cam yesterday as we had ...3... cookouts to go to that I bet Stu is fishing...... :rolleye:. Now I'm going to have to take a vacation day to mow the yard as he will want to fish every afternoon to catch up. :roflmao:

Good job Stu. I'd still like to have some of those in the local bass tourney. Very nice lunkers. :highclap: :highclap:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

Sorry awh....... but if in some small way I am encouraging a little more father / son fishing time...... well then maybe I'm not really sorry.

I've had some luck lately, but I have had more than my share of dry spells. Keep at em.... I'm enjoying our fishing time together  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

:roflmao:....No worries on the father son time. My only worry is that his mom is going to hide the poles while we sleep. She was going on the other day about us never being home for some reason????  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Sad thing is yesterdays last cookout was where we fish.....and she would not let us take the poles :madd:....So, me and Lil-man threw horseshoes all afternoon. :innocentwhistle: (We got some major sucking up to do with her for a while if we want to go hunting this fall)(Or eat tonight)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That must have been torture for Cam...... looking at his fishing hole while relegated to throwin horse shoes.

Best of success on the sucking up...... though if you just finished 3 cookouts, maybe you could exchange a dinner for a couple of casts  :wink:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

Stu, Didn't want to keep posting over there on the fishing topic.
Cam did catch that turtle on his fishing pole. It was the first one we have got in on a pole. They usally bury up on the bottom or snap the line as soon as they start fighting.He had it hooked perfect to where the turtles mouth was hitting the hook and not the line. But he's no longer in the barrel as my cousin heard it and let him loose. He was as happy as a pig in mud when he got it to the bank. But there is a big one that we want to get as it's shell is HUGE. It will go as big around as a basketball and the shell is about 8-10 inches tall of it's back. Biggest one we have seen here.

studabaka

I bet he was beaming when he got that bad boy in. I don't recall ever catching one on a pole. I have trapped a few for folks with fish ponds, have caught a few in beaver sets, and I remember catching them by the tail from canoes in shallow streams. The funniest was when we spotted one about 10 foot down and a buddy used his lure to snag it and raised it to the surface. It never moved a muscle the whole time until he grabbed it by the tail and swung it into the canoe...... then it went nuts and in his rush to get he's feet out of harms way he almost swamped the canoe. He when over the side along with his pole and a bunch of tackle.  :roflmao:

awh

Stu....What's up? I thought for sure since it was raining here yesterday that we would come in and see another lunker from down south? It's not raining today and the wife has to work tonight, which means.....a few bass are going to have sore mouth by dark thirty...LOL Cam had the bass pro catalog out looking last night if that tells ya anything :doh2: But he was looking at $30 items as he thinks you have beat him....he forgets about dear ol dad still fishing.....LMAO

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The [big green?] fat lady has yet to sing  :nofgr:

I couldn't get out yesterday, but I'm hoping to sneak out this evening....... there is a pond I want to try a fly rod approach to bream on  :biggrin:

awh

Cam was whipping the wind week before last with my flyrod going after crappie. He gave up and I got two on it just to let him know it could be done......(Thank you lady luck :wink:)

On the same note, we did catch several several bluegill on a grasshopper fly. If the hoppers are starting to show there you might want to try it.

Good luck and can't wait to see the pics.

CypressSlough

Man you guys are putting it on them. I need to get my butt in gear and go fishing.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bigben

all I can say is  :bowingsmilie: to stu and lil man.  great catchs.  going to get out after some rock bass and sunnys.  bass are not in season yet here in pa.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jimmie in Ky

Cypress, we need to start messing with thier heads real good. I am planning a trip to go as soon as my camera gets back. :eyebrow: Jimmie

studabaka

awh

Dang Stu. Nice haul of blue-be's. Here's what I ended up with today. The bigger one had a hook in it's throat were it broke Cams line the other day. He told me he had a big one but I didn't believe him till now....

Lil-Man

Take a kid hunting!
I'm a kid :)-

FinsnFur

Nice job gentlemen!  :congrats:
Cam your giving your Pa a run for his money aint ya?   :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

Nice looking bass there boys. Glad to see ya got some time in today  :biggrin:

The fly rod approach worked pretty good today...... need to work on my fish keeper strategy. Don't know how many I tossed toward the spackle bucket on shore only to have them fall short in the water.  :doh2: Got a bunch of little bass too, but what was interesting is that I had zero hits on the spinning outfit, but they sure did like that little popper on the fly rod.  :biggrin:

awh

Between him and Stu I don't know if I'm coming or going?????

It's also time to print a new FnF sign as that one has had it.  :laf:

Stu. Cam was messing with the fly rod till ol big boy got halued in. He then started using a fluke like dear ol dad. :roflmao:

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Funny how that works.

Bills Custom Calls

I caught a few cats to put in here and Chris couldn't believe that I took pics of the small ones
I said honey every inch counts in this

Well I know I have some catching up to do here gonna go today and see if I can find some bigger ones

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call