• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Back to LBL 2014 pics

Started by Frogman, March 01, 2014, 09:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Jon, and I and another hunter Scott went back to LBL February 24 - 28, 2014 for some coyote hunting hoping for some better weather.  We arrived late Monday evening and stayed in A-24.  We hunted hard on Tuesday the 25 and heard some coyotes and saw plenty of sign but did not see a coyote.  Here I am on one of our stands . . .

On Wednesday morning on our first stand Jon called in a coyote.  He saw it coming down the far hillside at about 100 yards, but since he had his shotgun it was too far for a shot.  Scott was out to Jon's left about 50 yards and I was to his right about the same distance.  The coyote came in to Jon's left downwind and Scot shot him at about 35 yards with his .243.  Here is were Scot was set up.  You can see the dead coyote out in front of him.   . . .

Here are a couple of hero shots . . .

This was Scott's first coyote and he was really excited!  Fur down!  WTG and good shooting Scott.

Over all Jon called in 4 coyotes and they all came in to Scott's setup.  One smelled us and turned tail without him getting a shot.  Another came in from toward the lake and he heard and saw it coming, but he had set up too far back from the holler and the coyote went down out of his sight before he could shoot.  When it came back up it was not where he expected it and it took off without him getting a shot?  Another one came in near the truck , but we quit the stand too soon and Jon saw it take off as we headed back to the truck?  They are tough!!  Scott actually saw two more in a field across a creek from where we were, but we couldn't get them to come in?

Here are a few more pictures . . .

Jon putting some cover scent on his trousers???

Jon on a stand watching a field.

Jon and Scott.

We hunted hard til Friday afternoon and finally headed back to WV Friday at about noon.  We had really good weather and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!  The mornings were cool and in the 20 s then it warmed up in the afternoons to the mid 30s.  Just wish we would have had this weather the first of the month so the rest of you could have enjoyed it with us. 

The only coyote I saw was the one Scott shot???  But, that's OK, it was great to see him get his first!!

Looking forward to next year!!

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Froggie, overall I'd say you all had a good trip.  Glad to see him get his first as he'll be hooked for good now. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

riverboss

Glad you guys stuck with it and went back. Looks like it payed off with a great hunt. It sounds like a new predator hunter has been born also. Great pics also Jim as always i wish Steve and i would of had some cool weather on our return . Did you notice much sign of other huunters.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk