• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

pickled egg recipe ???

Started by Silencer, December 19, 2009, 05:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I've been doing eggs for a long time.  I basically boil the eggs and peel layer the eggs with onions in a gallon glass jar, add a clove of garlic and 2 cans of sliced beets liquid and all, then top it off with white vinegar. 
It's a bar/watering hole  recipe I was given years ago.   So, for shits and giggles I look up pickled eggs on the net and dang they make it harder than what it actually should be by cooking the vinegar, adding sugar, etc etc etc. 

If I wanted my eggs to be hotter or sweeter I'd add hot peppers or sugar   :confused:

Yall got any pickled egg recipe's that taste great ?   

KySongDog

I don't have a recipe but your post brought back some memories.   :laf:   My dad ran a tavern for almost 40 years.  I grew up in it.  He always had a big jar of pickled pigs feet on the bar.  When the pigs feet were gone he'd boil eggs and put them in the brine.   The guys from the local factories and from the horse track ate 'em like crazy.

He sold the eggs for a dime a piece plus ya got a package of saltine crackers to boot.   :eyebrownod:

Silencer

Pickled pigs feet, my grandpaw lived off of them I think and pickled hearing ( spelling ? ) lol......  I'm making some eggs for CHRISTmas eve, not sure if the family will enjoy us boys after eating them, but they're dang good to eat !!!

Todd Rahm

I grew up on then both and really love the eggs, but the wife doesn't seem to love me loving the eggs.  :innocentwhistle:

Silencer

Eggs are done and are soaking till CHRISTmas eve .....

Since I was in the mood to cook, got some venison and vegtable soup slow cooking......

pitw

Never seen a purple cow......   Them look kinda Christmassy alright and the soup looks awesome. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I never was a big fan of pickled eggs. But I am wondering what the top of your jar looks like since you were able to fit an entire eggs through it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I always just finished off a jar of pickles and threw the egs into that juice. Turned out well for me. I have used pigs feet juice and pickeld vegeteable juice and had good results with that.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

msmith

Yeah buddy! Those eggs and that soup looks quite tasty!

Like Slag, I always just used left over pickle juice. Dill Pickle, sweet pickle, pickled cauliflower, pickled beets, and for a little kick, add a chile pepper and kinda mash it a little til it splits open.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Todd Rahm

Might have to try those eggs, does the beat juice give it a real sweet taste at all?

Silencer

not really Todd, just adds color and the beets pickle making them good to eat too.