• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

So who's using the new Foxpro?

Started by FinsnFur, October 23, 2006, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

Ah Come on Jim...With all the money you have.. Go for the upgrade....I like the remote and 200 sound capability. Like Ben has said the backlight can be detremental for night calling. Just have to tuck it tight to your leg after touchin a button and the light only stays on for a short second. Knowing the mute button is active and the volume strength really helps.

Way to go Joe!! nice looking coyote!

JD

Bob D

Good story and congrats on your hunt. Nice looking rifle you got there. Is that a custom stock on your savage?

FinsnFur

That reminds me...if I do upgrade...with all the slack I'm hearing about how bright that led display is, I got a purrrrrfect remedy.  :innocentwhistle:

Get a piece of that generic window tinting stuff they sell at Wally's or JC Whitney, and cut ya small piece to tint the display window with.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

GAJoe

Thanks guys.
Bob D.
That's the factory stock with a few personal modifications. I just couldn't hold that stock comfortably in shooting position. I couldn't find the 204 in stainless with fluted barrel in any other Savage model. I took some wood out to give my trigger finger a little more clearance and took enough out to make a palm swell. Then I did some finger grooves on the front of the grip. Fits like a glove now. Sanded it all smooth again and mixed up some Brownell's Acra Glass to reseal the laminate using it like a polyurethane. Then steel wool it and rub in a little tongue oil. Matches the factory finish wonderfully. (The finish info came from an article in the July'06 Varmint Hunter Magazine.) Before I put the oil on I mixed up a little more Acra Glass and put on the grip areas and sprinkled a little black sand on it to get a secure grip on this ten pounder.
GAJoe