• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lightforce or Kill light??

Started by Frogman, February 24, 2012, 11:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I'm thinking about getting a new light for night hunting.  Looking at the Lightforce lights from Australia and the Kill Lights from Elusive Wildlife Technologies.  Any input would be appreciated!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

slagmaker

I have a lightforce scope mounted and hand held. I ihave the batterypack with the dimmer and the 110v charger. I like my light force and the the only complaints I have is the cigarete lighter style power plugs dont hold up well at all. But even with that I would purchase another. Whitest light and it will reach out there a considerable distance even with the red lens cover on.

They are light weight and well made except for the power plug. I changed mine to an industrial DC twist lock plug. The focasable beam is a major pluss and the scope mounted light is easy on and off. The variable power supply will make my 8ah battery last most of the night if I keep the power down while scanning and only use full power sparingly.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Carolina Coyote

Ran across this the other day it might work better for a kill light but don't know as I don't have one, I do have the Light Force spotlight and its good but need second person to hold so you can shoot. This light mounts on you cap. One thing I have learned about night hunting is you need to be prepared to shoot real quick, they don't hang around long, One other thing I have been looking at for night hunting is a  Laser to mount on a Shotgun
Shotgun Mount:    www.copsplus.com  (Blackhawk HGA1)
Laser : LaserMax Uni-Max Rail Mount Green beam.
http.//www.kchounds.com/Predator

We have called a few in but they bug out real quick when they see the light. cc

FinsnFur

I've got a Lightforce also. It fits on top of my rifle and snaps off and on with split second quickness to make it a handheld on the fly. The mounts stays on the gun.

The light is so freegin light, you cant believe the illumination that comes from this thing. I's so powerfull use it in the spring to burn weeds off the fence lines. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Thanks for the comments guys.  I recently hunted in OH with some guys who had Kill Lights.  They were very bright and used red leds.  They were similar to tactical flashlights now popular for mounting on ARs.  No need for heavy battery packs attached to your belt with the connecting cord.  Just wondered if any of you guys had seen them and how they compared to the Lightforce lights?  Any further comments??   Thanks!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

bigben

the red led light is the new thing in night hunting.  The problem with the lightforce is it does have a wired battery.  the new led lights are not as bright as the lightforce lights but still bright enough to take a 100yd shot at night. 

a few brands.  the kill light which has been mentioned has two models the 250 and the 100.  the 100 is meant to be a close 100 yd light the 250 is meant to be a far reaching light but I don't feel comfortable using one to ID an animal past 100 yds. 

Sheps lights based out of pa is another new guy on the market that is selling a similar light as the kill light.  It is supposed to be brighter then the kill light 250.  I haven't seen one in person though. 

There is a head mounted led lamp made in pa as well www.thecoyotelight.com  this light is a great scanning head lamp and uses the same type of batts the other lights do.  the 18650 lithium batts. 

Noxx technologies makes a few red led lights.  as well as a head lamp that runs off of either aaa or aa. 

I personally use a white led anymore and can't say I have any problems with callins.  I use a small white led head lamp and then switch to a scope mounted white led light. 

the world of lights is changing at a very fast pace.  its hard to say who will have one out next year. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Quote from: bigben on February 26, 2012, 01:56:05 PM
the red led light is the new thing in night hunting.

:nono: Absolutely not. I gotta disagree with ya there. In fact the red light was one of the first used. It's was being used before you and I could spell red. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

Read again i said that the red LED was the new thing in night hunting. Up until recently
Most red led lights were a joke at best. Now what many people considered the standard is collecting dust in someones hunting area.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Ya dont have to yell at me like that :sad:

:laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben