Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: Hey Jim
« Last post by HaMeR on Today at 11:14:35 AM »
That way you can drag the shanty out easier. Just make sure you wax the bottom of the kayak. 
Big Game / Re: Killed a deer not fit to eat Pics added
« Last post by Okanagan on Today at 09:47:14 AM »
Got a call from my friend on Vancouver Island who reported a similar yellow fluid under a deer's hide.  He killed a large fork horn blacktail a few days ago and took it home to skin.  It was super skinny (he said that it was feeding voraciously when he shot it).  It had a puncture wound low in its rump, apparently from a fight with another buck.  When skinned, he said that the front end of the carcase was light yellow.  The silver skin portions were specifically yellow, but otherwise it seemed normal and healthy.  We had talked about the bad tasting one I got, and he thought that he had one like it.  He and his wife cautiously taste tried a small portion, a good chop pan fried, and said that it tasted OK.  He was going to try some more today. 

After my experience, I'd likely toss it first and taste something else. 
« Last post by FinsnFur on Today at 09:04:18 AM »
I'm thinking about getting the kayak back out and selling the ice shanty  :doh2:

Maybe you could drill a hole in the bottom of the kayak and put the ice shanty on top.  You could have the best of both worlds!   ;yes;

Jerry
I like the way you think!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Tailgate / Re: REAL football players!
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Today at 08:34:20 AM »
It wasn't a high scoring game, but I enjoyed watching it.  Now if there could only be a little rivalry in the game.   :wink:   When I started teaching a student from my first class went on to graduated from West Point so I am more of an Army fan during their games. 

Jerry
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Today at 08:27:45 AM »
I'm thinking about getting the kayak back out and selling the ice shanty  :doh2:

Maybe you could drill a hole in the bottom of the kayak and put the ice shanty on top.  You could have the best of both worlds!   ;yes;

Jerry
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 10:08:34 PM »
Just a dusting. Mild temps
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 10:06:59 PM »
I wanted to watch it. I was out looking for good ice though
Big Game / Re: Daughter scored today
« Last post by bambam on December 10, 2017, 06:52:38 PM »
bambam said:   "I think she's pretty but I'm biased of course.  :innocentwhistle: Smart too. Junior nursing student. I don't even want to admit how much better she can shoot than me.  :rolleye:"

I think most of us dad's think of our daughters the same as you do bambam.  I know my daughter can out shoot me and I'm a graduate of several Army sniper courses.  And I know damn well she is pretty and of course I'm bias as any dad should be and she was also a graduate of a nursing school and later a hospital administrator.

Well bambam seems as if you and I are doing something right with our girls. :wink:

Thanks John, and if I haven't said it before, Thank you Sir for your service.
Big Game / Re: Daughter scored today
« Last post by JohnP on December 10, 2017, 02:12:55 PM »
bambam said:   "I think she's pretty but I'm biased of course.  :innocentwhistle: Smart too. Junior nursing student. I don't even want to admit how much better she can shoot than me.  :rolleye:"

I think most of us dad's think of our daughters the same as you do bambam.  I know my daughter can out shoot me and I'm a graduate of several Army sniper courses.  And I know damn well she is pretty and of course I'm bias as any dad should be and she was also a graduate of a nursing school and later a hospital administrator.

Well bambam seems as if you and I are doing something right with our girls. :wink:
« Last post by JohnP on December 10, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
I enjoyed the game and glad the cadets won but as the General said:

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war."
General George S. Patton Jr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10