• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My Deer Season

Started by JohnP, November 24, 2009, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Starts this coming Friday.  Trailer is packed and firmly attached to truck, heading out at first light and don't plan on coming back until 1 Dec. You all have a Happy Thanksgiving.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

You too John and Happy Hunting and I wish some good luck.

iahntr

Happy Thanksgiving to you too John.
Have a great, safe hunt.
Scott

weedwalker

Good luck John. We'll be waiting for the pics.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hidehunter

Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck
Denver                                           

Yotehntr

:yoyo: Safe hunting to ya John, hope you do well!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HaMeR

You have a great Thanksgiving & a safe & fun trip John!! Catch you on the return!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Happy Thanksgiving Mr. JohnP. Good luck with the hunt.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Enjoy your hunt and have a relaxing turkey day.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I thought we were suppose to keep him off his feet :doh2:
That poor guy is not going to give up until were looking down on him :nono:

Live it up John. Lord knows you've earned it :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Quote from: weedwalker on November 24, 2009, 08:14:17 PM
Good luck John. We'll be waiting for the pics.

And some jerky!  :biggrin:

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck!
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

KySongDog

Have a great time. Bring back pics and don't forget to take that special tool with you.   :biggrin:

GunDog

Hate I missed this one ..... Good luck to you Mr JohnP! We'll be looking for your report! Happy Hunting Sir .....  :wink:

CCP

I missed this one too. Had not seen him in a few days and started looking for him. Found his last post. He had it all laid out fer me but didn't see it. :doh2:

Well we want lots of pic's John no later than Dec.2nd. :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

JohnP

Got back early afternoon and been cleaning equipment and trailer for the past few hours.  Had a great time and we saw a lot of deer, a lot of javelina, a lot of Border Patrol and a lot of illegals.  With Obama's push to grant them amnesty they are coming across like a tidal wave.  We hunted right on the border and camped about a mile from the border.  The coyotes howled every night and it was a pleasant way to drift off for the evening.  The bad part of the hunt was that we had two days of heavy rain and high winds.  Did not take very many pictures due to the weather but did manage a few.

This is a view of the west side of the mountain range that we live in.  Our spread is on the east side almost directly through that lowest saddle.

We hunted this ravine almost exclusively as I knew there was a trophy size coues buck that hung out in there.  On Sunday evening about a half hour before the end of legal shooting time I turned on the caller just to see what would happen, would I call in a coyote - bobcat - lion or maybe startle that big buck to jump up from his resting area.  After about the twenty minute mark I had a coyote come running across the top of the ravine, about 600 yards away, down the side across the bottom and up the other side toward the caller.  He stopped at about 25 yards away from the caller and about 50 yards from me.  I put the crosshairs on him, squeezed off a round and he dropped out of view.  Next thing I knew he was running hell bent for leather up the same hillside that he came down.  This ravine also runs into Mexico and is like an interstate highway for the illegals and drug smugglers.

Just on the other side of this solar powered (Gore would be happy) windmill about100 yards is Mexico.  One morning I had a "call to nature"  I walked into Mexico did my business then returned to the USofA. 

Another shot of our neighbors to the south.  No boundary markers and if you walk to far you may be in Mexico or maybe not.  If the federallys are there your ass is going to spend some time in a Mexican jail until a proper apologies is rendered and a healthy amount of money/bribe is paid.  I do spend a great deal of time calling in this area for coyotes, both the four legged and two legged kind.  I skin the four legged ones the two legged ones aren't bringing a very good price anymore. 

This little gal walked to about 5 yards from me,stomped the ground a few times snorted and the turned around and calmly walked off.

My buddy shot this guy right before we packed up to come home, so we just gutted him, put him on the pack frame carried him back to camp and put  him in the back of the truck and dressed him at home.

JohnP

Almost forgot, remember that big buck I told you I thought lived in that ravine?  He doesn't live there anymore.  Green score 116 1/8, 115 makes B&C for Coues deer.

One other thing that Butt Out really works,  rinsed it off and told me wife to put it in the dish washer.  She asked "What is this thing?" so I told her, some people have no sense of humor at all. 

KySongDog

That is a real nice buck!   :congrats:   Great story and love those pics too!   :yoyo:

Glad that "tool" worked out OK for ya.   :eyebrownod:

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on December 01, 2009, 07:06:19 PM
Almost forgot, remember that big buck I told you I thought lived in that ravine?  He doesn't live there anymore.  Green score 116 1/8, 115 makes B&C for Coues deer.

Gotta hate getting old and losing your memory  :roflmao: :roflmao:.  That was funny and I enjoy laughing. :yoyo:.  I have never seen that kind of deer but it looks like a good one for a whitetail.  Thanks for taking me along on the hunt and just how many two legged ones did we get?
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

:congrats: Congrats to the both of ya.
That's a Beauty of a buck ya got there John !!
Scott