• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Fun with the crossbow

Started by coyote101, November 15, 2012, 08:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I decided to go out to the turkey honey hole yesterday morning to try for one with the crossbow. I got to the blind about 45 minutes before sunrise, set the decoys out at twenty yards and waited. It wasn't long till they started to wake up and fly down, and before long the woods in front of me was alive with turkeys. (Semp knows what I'm talking about) In a couple of minutes a bunch of them noticed the decoys and  started heading towards them. A big fat hen gave me a clear shot at just a little over twenty yards and I let her have it with a 3-bladed RAGE. She ran about ten yards, flopped a few times and was done. I watched the turkeys and a couple of deer for a little while, collected up my bird and headed to the house.

Here she is with the Ten Point crossbow and bolt:

Gun deer season is open here so hunter orange is mandatory:

A good morning to be in the woods.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Good shooting and it looks like someone will have turkey for Thanksgiving.   :highclap:

Jerry

riverboss

That looks like a big ole henn :congrats:and getting it done in hunters orange with a crossbow is a great feat :bowingsmilie: Well done Pat.

weedwalker

Congrats on the bird Pat!! :congrats: More good eatin for ya. :yoyo:

KySongDog

Congratulations, Pat!   I've seen that honey hole and it is awesome!     :yoyo:

HuntnCarve

Those crossbow's are awesome!  Well done Pat! :highclap:
I've had a turkey in the crossbow scope a time or two...But they were never in season in those areas.  So all I could do was watch.  You made it happen. :congrats:

HuntnCarve
Dave

FinsnFur

Very nice!
I woulda put my back tag on her. :laf:

Whom I kidding I wouldna been able to hit her with a crossbow :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 15, 2012, 05:16:15 PM
Whom I kidding I wouldna been able to hit her with a crossbow :doh2:

You could have hit her. Those things are VERY accurate. Mine will shoot into an inch or so at thirty yards from a good rest.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

:highclap: SWEET! Gettin a bird with the orange on is pretty cool Pat!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

nailbender

Todd Rahm

Never hunted with a cross bow. I'm not even sure its an option up here?

Good hunting and nice bird!