• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What type of bow does everyone shoot?

Started by wv_yoter, September 18, 2007, 05:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv_yoter

I bought a Hoyt Ultra-Tech this spring and it beats the crap out of my old Darton XL.
Jason

cb223

For the past few years I've been shooting a "Pearson Genesis 2000".

But I am in the market for something new. Any suggestions?
CHAD

Troy Walter

I have shot a Mathews Q2 for about four years now.But after this year I will be picking up the new Mathews.

bowslinger

my recurve is a bear kodiak mag my compond is a alpine cheynne hunter i'm looking at the new line of alpines thinnking about getting one if i can swing it

cb223

Quote from: wv_yoter on September 18, 2007, 05:35:04 PM
I bought a Hoyt Ultra-Tech this spring and it beats the crap out of my old Darton XL.

Is that Darton the bow I think it is? I had a Darton MX 50 along time ago!
CHAD

Silencer

Compound:  Martin Jaguar with single fusion cam
Recurves :  Bear Kodiak and a Browning Explorer

wv_yoter

Quote from: cb223 on September 18, 2007, 07:28:57 PM

It could be , I bought it off my uncle in 1998 I believe, he bought it new and had it for a couple of years before he sold it to me. I got my money's worth out of it.
Jason

cb223

Quote from: wv_yoter on September 18, 2007, 07:50:26 PM
Quote from: cb223 on September 18, 2007, 07:28:57 PM

It could be , I bought it off my uncle in 1998 I believe, he bought it new and had it for a couple of years before he sold it to me. I got my money's worth out of it.

I got that MX 50 new in about 1981. I was 11 or 12. I shot that bow for a long time. I never did shoot a deer with it!
CHAD

studabaka

I was practicing preseason with a 'new to me' Onieda until it came apart. I pulled out my 30 yr old Bear compound and will finish the season with it..... Then I'm going to look at either getting the Onieda fixed or getting something new. I like the break on a compound, but also want something short and light..... so I'm interested in what folks are suggesting also.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

canine

I bought a Hoyt Razor Tech 4 or 5 years ago and still love it. The new Hoyt's are better but this thing is still killin deer.

I like the split limbs and the tech risers, nice and smooth.

JD

bowjunkie

I shoot a Martin Cougar Elite and a Damon Howatt recurve

son shoots a new Bowtech and loves it , man its light and quiet and dang fast ta boot that will be my next compound

cb223

Quote from: studabaka on September 18, 2007, 08:18:15 PM
I was practicing preseason with a 'new to me' Onieda until it came apart. I pulled out my 30 yr old Bear compound and will finish the season with it..... Then I'm going to look at either getting the Onieda fixed or getting something new. I like the break on a compound, but also want something short and light..... so I'm interested in what folks are suggesting also.

I've heard a few smart ass's call them "Exploding Eagles"
CHAD

weedwalker

I'm still shootin' my old PSE Thunder Flight with aluminum 2117s.

DirtyDog

blackfish

I guess I'm still Old School! :iroll:  Stillwater Stirling - English Longbow  with wood arrows and 145 gr.Wolverine broadheads.
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

bowjunkie

Quote from: DirtyDog on September 19, 2007, 06:28:53 AM
Matthews LX (it was free  :biggrin: ).

I shot a Matthews for a bit didn't like it at all I think they are a good bow just don't care for em

DirtyDog

Quote from: bowjunkie on September 19, 2007, 08:34:09 AM
Quote from: DirtyDog on September 19, 2007, 06:28:53 AM
Matthews LX (it was free  :biggrin: ).

I shot a Matthews for a bit didn't like it at all I think they are a good bow just don't care for em

I can't complain. I am still pretty new to the whole compound thing. I have always used a crossbow until this year. The bow was given to me by a guy from another forum, just as long as #1 the draw length was ok, and #2 I gave it back to him instead of selling it. It shoots better than I can shoot it, so I am totally happy with it.  :wink:

newbomb

I shoot an older Hoyt magnatech and I love it. If all Hoyt bows are like this one Ill never switch companies. I also have an old redwing recurve and my bowfishing bow is a 1996 alpine.

Roundman

I was shooting a Golden Eagle until last season. The wife bought me a Mathews Switchback XT for being such a great husband  :biggrin:

iahntr

Quote from: Roundman on September 19, 2007, 06:37:58 PM
I was shooting a Golden Eagle until last season. The wife bought me a Mathews Switchback XT for being such a great husband  :biggrin:
Dang, that's cool.      Or did she just let you buy it ? :eyebrow: :laf:
There are a lot of nice bows out there. Ya just gotta shoot em and see what feels best for you. I shoot a Hoyt Vipertec. Started shootin Hoyts about 10 years ago when we decided to be a Hoyt dealer when we had an Archery shop. They do make a mighty fine bow. :wink:
Scott