• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The stinker got a stinker

Started by awh, October 02, 2007, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Well, lil-man got his first skunk yesterday. We had been smeeling one down at the ponds for a few nights and we decided to make a couple sets for it. second night he got him. and with "his" trap he bought at the convention last weekend even....LOL

The skunk never sprayed (thank ya Lord) and is froze right now as he is trying to decide if he wants to get it tanned to hang beside the other pelts he has. So Jim-bo, it may be coming your way before to long....LOL

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

DirtyDog

Nice job Little Man....  :congrats: I am hoping to get some fur this fall too.  :eyebrow:

Hawks Feather

Congrats, looks like the trapping season has started.  Keep him frozen while you skin him.   :biggrin:

Jerry

keekee

Congrads Little man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's cool!

If he didn't spray, take you a big syringe and draw the fluid out of the two sacks from beside the anus. It is killer to add to your home made baits and lures. Allot of guys also seal it up in a clean glass jar and sell it. But I usually take it out before I freeze them. I never tryed to extract it after they were froze.

Brent

FinsnFur

Quote from: keekee on October 02, 2007, 06:32:42 PM

If he didn't spray, take you a big syringe and draw the fluid out of the two sacks from beside the anus. It is killer to add to your home made baits and lures. Allot of guys also seal it up in a clean glass jar and sell it. But I usually take it out before I freeze them. I never tryed to extract it after they were froze.

Brent

It makes good sandwich spread too.  :yoyo:
Mix in some dill seed, and shredded chicken. Refrigerate until it thickens and make sandwiches with it.  :highclap:

Kudo's Lil Man  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

keekee

QuoteIt makes good sandwich spread too. 
Mix in some dill seed, and shredded chicken. Refrigerate until it thickens and make sandwiches with it. 

I will save you some Jim! Not a problem! You can demo this for us at the LBL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Brent

awh

Well yesterday he got another one in the same set. I decided to go ahead and skin it out. Note: You don't hang a skunk up by the back legs to skin them. I know this now. My left arm will remind me for several days........ :puke:
Dang thing sprayed me as I was taking the tail out. Buddy told me today to lay them on their backs and skin them....he wasn't but 12 hours to late on the advise. :argh:

So the second skunk didn't get the essance took out to sell, and Jim.....ya forgot the pinch of garlic.
Ain't no way in he77 I will ever skin another one. The one in the freezer is going to the friend with the late advise  :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

:roflmao: kinda like a gun....never point it at yourself or anyone else and always assume it is loaded  :eyebrow:

ya ain't really trapped till ya done a skunk or two..... welcome to the fraternity  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Garlic!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I remember the very first coyote I ever skinned..I couldn't eat meat for a week because of that garlic tint.  :nono:

Skunks I always leave a good inch of fur and meat around the anus that never see's the knife,,,dont go no where near it...leave right on the carcass. never did get sprayed  :fingerx:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

You know, this thread started out real well, but has started to stink.   :biggrin:      :biggrin:      :biggrin:

Jerry

awh

The boys on a roll. He got his first double today. A world record grinner that had to weigh close to 25-27 pounds and a mouse.... :roflmao:

Yes, he tried to skin the mouse. Yes, he gets that from his mom.... :shrug: