• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Found something cool today!

Started by wv_yoter, January 10, 2008, 09:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wv_yoter

I went hunting today with frogman and as we were heading out to make another stand before the rain moved in I saw what looked like a shed antler. I walked over and to my surprise it was the whole head in a multifloral rose bush. After getting chewed up in the briars I was able to pull it out. I have never found a shed or whole rack so this was a first. It measured 16" inside, it's a real nice buck for this area.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Jason

DirtyDog

Nice lookin buck, I wonder if it died of EHD, or someone shot it and couldn't find it.  :confused:

wv_yoter

I wondered that myself Joe. There were no other bones or anything, it was almost like something drug it off. I know that blue tongue did kill several around here but this had the velvet off and I would think that might mean he made it til' hunting season. :shrug:
Jason

FinsnFur

Nice find  :congrats:
The history behind would be interesting. Ehhh....  :confused: wondering is fun too  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

KEWL!!!  :yoyo:

Jimbo......you stay in a state of wonder........ :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

Nice lookin shed!! Congrats on the find!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Nice rack. Looking at how clean it is and the horns looking weathered, it maybe from last year.  :wo:

vvarmitr

Maybe he went to shed his antlers & his whole head fell off instead?  :shrug:

Hawks Feather

I have not found a shed so definitely not a head, but it would be interesting to know the history.  Could be rather simple or pretty complex, we will never know, but at least you have it.

Jerry

Smith

Quote from: vvarmitr on January 11, 2008, 08:55:46 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao:

I find alot of skulls out here, just right off the main road. Alot of hunters road hunt out here and I think the skulls I find are deer that wer'nt big enough or spot lighted.

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

wv_yoter

Quote from: vvarmitr on January 11, 2008, 08:55:46 AM
You may be on to something there VV. He might have figured out that he would live alot longer without the headgear. :eyebrow:
Jason

Frogman

Jason,
      The pictures came out great. 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Rifle 223

Dale in OK