• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Called up a bobcat!

Started by Bob D, October 15, 2006, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob D

But I didn't shoot him cause the season is not in yet. I couldn't of shot him anyway because he was over my right shoulder and i don;t shoot left handed. I know i sound like an advertisement for Dogwood Creek calls but I played the jackragbbit blues on my new call and he was on me in 5 minutes. I heard something behind me on a creek bank less than 15 yards from the tripod. I looked over my shoulder and he looked at me the same time I saw him. He wasn't sure what I was cause he didn;t run away just moved off slowly. Mean looking sucker. Jim and Brad,  tried calling with Redman, that tobacco juice doesn't sound that good in my hand call now. First time for that. I washed it out after the hunt .Hope it isn't ruined.That was it for the afternoon, no coyotes .
Bob

FinsnFur

:roflmao:
Sorry bout that Bob.
We never laid any claims about Redman though.
If you want this to work you have to switch to Copenhagen.  :eyebrownod:

Good deal on the cat. I wish we had more of them up here. They are pretty far and few between.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

Go with Skoal. The critters really like that minty smell coming outta the mouth call
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Lighterknot

i 2nd browning204's notion on the Skoal mint
Chad

canine

I know where Bob will be come cat season :wink:

Hope ya get him, cause I'd like to see a pic of him.

JD

Jeb

Good deal Bob !!
        Jeb

weedwalker

My hand calls seem to work best with Grizzly Long Cut Straight. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Arkyyoter

WTG Bob!!! He will still be araound when sesson opens..... :congrats:

Joe

Dogwood Creek

Hey Bob, you're gettin mighty handy with that call. If I know you, we will be seeing a pic of that sneaky sucker. Way to go buddy,R.J.

vvarmitr

Quote from: Bob D on October 15, 2006, 08:27:42 PM
Jim and Brad,  tried calling with Redman, that tobacco juice doesn't sound that good in my hand call now. First time for that. I washed it out after the hunt .Hope it isn't ruined.
My PH-1, I think RJ calls it an Xciter, went throught the washer & the dryer. :shck: :madd:   It raised the grain under the finish a little, but the finish was still tight & the call sounded just as good as new. :whew: :biggrin:
I semi-retired it as I wanted to get fur w/ my other custom calls. I picked it up the other day & thought to myself that it sure sounded good. So I stuck it in my shirt pocket when I went to scout or turkeys & well you know the rest of the story.
Great call RJ! :congrats: Thanks! :biggrin:

CCP

He will be there when the season comes. I dont like the way AL has the bobcat season only during the deer season. It cuts alot of my bobcat land out.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net