• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

razor edge

Started by mandi48, March 24, 2009, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandi48

does anyone own a diamond razor edge? i'm getting one pretty soon, if i like it and want to know what other people think  :wo:
I am not a murderer, i am a hunter

Hidehunter

I have a cousin who had one and he said it was a nice bow for the money but I personally have no experience with them.

And by the way...Welcome to the sight.
Denver                                           

msmith

My son has the Diamond Edge. Don't know if we are talking about the same bow or not, but his is a pretty sweet outfit.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

msmith

Actually, all of the Diamond bows are nice. I have been considering one myself.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

mandi48

since last year i've been shooting a hoyt. How big of a change will it be when i switch to my diamond?

Hidehunter

Ahhh...Hoyt...Now your talkin my language  :wink:
Denver                                           

msmith

Quote from: mandi48 on March 26, 2009, 06:57:24 AM
since last year i've been shooting a hoyt. How big of a change will it be when i switch to my diamond?

That is something you need to find out for yourself. Go to a local bow shop and try them out. Are you close to a Cabela's? You really need to try them before committing to one.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

mandi48

Quote from: msmith on March 26, 2009, 09:50:38 PM

That is something you need to find out for yourself. Go to a local bow shop and try them out. Are you close to a Cabela's? You really need to try them before committing to one.

i'm not that close to a cabelas, but i'm close to a pelletiers, and i know they have the bow i want. i was going to go there the other weekend, and test it out, but something came up.

KySongDog

Here's some unsolicited advice........ If you are going to bow hunt, you don't need a fancy high dollar bow.   :wink:   

I've been using a Martin Cougar bow (paid about a $100 for it) for several years.  Nothing fancy but it kills deer just as dead as one of them fancy bows.

My $.02 worth.

alscalls

Quote from: Semp on March 27, 2009, 08:16:37 AM
Here's some unsolicited advice........ If you are going to bow hunt, you don't need a fancy high dollar bow.   :wink:   

I've been using a Martin Cougar bow (paid about a $100 for it) for several years.  Nothing fancy but it kills deer just as dead as one of them fancy bows.

My $.02 worth.

White tail legend here......Killed a lot of animals with it.
I can remember killing a bunch of deer using a 2219 shaft they went down way faster than any fast bow coulda done the job.
You gotta know where 20 yds is though.......it dont shoot too flat but fun to hunt with..... :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

That's what I use, Al.  2219's and Bear Super Razorheads.   :biggrin:  The Martin is 74 lbs peak weight.

iahntr

Quote from: mandi48 on March 26, 2009, 06:57:24 AM

Wait,,, let me get this right. You wanna go from  a Hoyt, to  a Diamond ???  :shck: :shck: :holdon:

:innocentwhistle:  Just messin with ya. Sorry, I'm kinda partial to Hoyts. I think Diamond makes a fine bow too.
I don't know anybody personally who shoots that model to give you a personal opinion on it. There are
several manufacturers that make nice bows, and while I agree it doesn't take the "biggest name", or highest
price tag to make it a "good" bow, I think bow efficiency, speed, energy, smoothness, becomes more important
in bows shot at lower pounds. There is no such  thing as "thee best bow". What shoots great, and feels great
to one person, may fit the next person totally different. I'll echo the others and say it's important to shoot as
many bows as you can. I wouldn't buy one without shooting it first. It has to fit YOU, and feel good to YOU.
Feel free to ask as many questions as ya need to.
  Oh, and just curious, what model Hoyt ya been shootin?   
and Welcome to Fins and Fur  :congrats:
Scott
Scott

alscalls

Thats some good advice .......If I may I would like to add that it also plays a part whether you are just hunting......or 3-D shooting....or both as to what to look for in your bow. :wink:
AL

mandi48

Quote from: alscalls on March 27, 2009, 10:46:37 AM
Thats some good advice .......If I may I would like to add that it also plays a part whether you are just hunting......or 3-D shooting....or both as to what to look for in your bow. :wink:

well i'd be just using my bow to hunt with, occasioanlly  shooting at a target for some practice, but mainly for hunting  :biggrin:

mandi48

Quote from: iahntr on March 27, 2009, 09:17:46 AM

Wait,,, let me get this right. You wanna go from  a Hoyt, to  a Diamond ???  :shck: :shck: :holdon:

:innocentwhistle:  Just messin with ya. Sorry, I'm kinda partial to Hoyts. I think Diamond makes a fine bow too.
I don't know anybody personally who shoots that model to give you a personal opinion on it. There are
several manufacturers that make nice bows, and while I agree it doesn't take the "biggest name", or highest
price tag to make it a "good" bow, I think bow efficiency, speed, energy, smoothness, becomes more important
in bows shot at lower pounds. There is no such  thing as "thee best bow". What shoots great, and feels great
to one person, may fit the next person totally different. I'll echo the others and say it's important to shoot as
many bows as you can. I wouldn't buy one without shooting it first. It has to fit YOU, and feel good to YOU.
Feel free to ask as many questions as ya need to.
  Oh, and just curious, what model Hoyt ya been shootin?   
and Welcome to Fins and Fur  :congrats:
Scott

the model i shoot is a sierra tec. it's my mom's boyfriends old bow, but i've been shooting it and done pretty well with it. however i get to get my own this year and decided that going with bowtech or diamond was a good choice. My moms boyfriend now shoots a bowtech and he loves it.

i was originally thinking of going with mathews but i heard they were being bought out, along with hoyt?

canine

I don't know anything about the Razor..(sorry) And I am way partial to Hoyt's...but...I shot the new Admiral from Bowtech the other day....WOW...That bow is unreal...I may try and find me one of them..LOL

Good luck in whatever you choose!

JD

alscalls

Quote from: mandi48 on March 27, 2009, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: alscalls on March 27, 2009, 10:46:37 AM

well i'd be just using my bow to hunt with, occasioanlly  shooting at a target for some practice, but mainly for hunting  :biggrin:

Any bow on the market can be hunted with effectively........Get what YOU want....... :eyebrow:
AL

bowtech611

You can shoot any bow you want . with enough practice you can be good shooting any bow and be a succesful hunter, choose the bow that is most comfortable for you.
But if I am paying for it then it had better say bowtech or diamond on it somewhere.  LOL!!!

Im just messing with you kido. You know that you are free to choose wich ever one you want.  Just wanted to mess with you a bit.
Luvya kiddo.
Take a deep breath, aim and squeeze , then watch the arrow find its mark.

mandi48

Quote from: bowtech611 on March 30, 2009, 01:50:22 AM
You can shoot any bow you want . with enough practice you can be good shooting any bow and be a succesful hunter, choose the bow that is most comfortable for you.
But if I am paying for it then it had better say bowtech or diamond on it somewhere.  LOL!!!

Im just messing with you kido. You know that you are free to choose wich ever one you want.  Just wanted to mess with you a bit.
Luvya kiddo.

hahaha thanks henry...and sorry about losing that arrow saturday   :doh2:

Silencer

Quotechoose the bow that is most comfortable for you

amen to that  :bowingsmilie: