• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

polished carved cow tip distress

Started by yotehunter74, January 30, 2007, 08:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotehunter74

This is a sweet little call... super loud sound... wonderful looking.....the inside is sealed against moisture... hand tuned reed... the pics just dont di it justice.... also included is a single strand 2 call lanyard...  shiped to your door 25.00....     Steve  (sfcustomcalls)

Todd Rahm

The call itself is nice Steve  :congrats:.................but the coyote track don't looks so..........coyote? :confused:

yotehunter74

well, thanks... i think... it couldnt get it just the way i wanted it... but thats the bad part once you start its all over..... but is it really THAT bad ???

Todd Rahm

Well to my untrained eye its a bit off, at first I thought it was a wolverine.  :confused:

yotehunter74

Todd Rahm

Sorry for pointing it out...............

fuzz624

Yeah,the track is a little off.Other than that it looks like a great little call.You have to excuse todd,he is a verry picky call collector,but his comments will make you a better call maker.If you get to the point that you can satisfy todd,you will know that you are an awsome call maker.

yotehunter74

well i did what i could with the print.. :shrug:   .  i was more concerned with the sound, and feel....    like i said   once you start carving one wrong move and your idea's gone.. :madd:   . after all the time spent to tune the reed, and hand polish  the track wasnt going to mke me trash the call   :sad:

Todd Rahm

Thanks Fuzz, but I'm not being picky. Yote I'm not trying to offend ya here. I was just pointing out the fact that the track was off enough that it was noticiable. My post "Tone Board" goal is to be a %100 up front with  all makers when they post calls or ask. I really do like the looks of the call body itself.

Would you have rather I did differently?

Quoteafter all the time spent to tune the reed, and hand polish  the track wasnt going to make me trash the call   
:shrug:

vvarmitr

Steve: Just let Todd know that you never said it was a coyote track & that you're not selling that call to him for $2 including shipping. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Ya gotta watch that Todd. :wink:

Brad H

Yote,
I like what Todd's doing, and he'll do the same to me when I get caught up and start showing calls again. You get to hear what other people might be thinking but won't say.

No kidding, once you start, that's the point of no return. I know all about that. I've been able to adjust screwups in the past on occasion, but there have been just as many that I had to throw off to the side. I don't see a screw up with yours though. The call looks great and the track looks OK too.  Just needs to be formed a little differently to look more coyoteish.

I used to pencil the track on a junk piece of horn and dremel it in over and over till I felt like I could do it and be happy with the job on a polished or sanded call. That's what I would recommend doing if you feel like you want to do some tweaking. It helped me out a bunch...same with doing lettering with the dremel.

If that's something you want to try but have no junk horn parts to spare, PM me and I'll send you one.

Brad

yotehunter74

Brad,       Thank you sir, and I already set that call aside to be re-finished... lol  I will do what I can to touch up the track if i mess it up I will just put it on my lanyard to use... it has a super sweet sound to it... so even if it dont look just right it will call right along side my best calls... I have had no complaints about what the call looks like from any of the dead yotes... lol    :eyebrow:     And Todd, please dont think I took it to heart... I thank you for your comments... and I do know that it could have turned out a bit better... but on the other hand... I thought it was still a nice enough looking call to make someone very happy... years ago when I got my first custom call, I looked at it thinking,   wow it is so nice but the writing looks bad... then a few years ago I started to make calls, and with my first call also came the knowledge that it is not what it seems... I took writing to mean that I can write with anything, now I know that it is a whole different world engraving... but to be honest I didnt want to try to fix it too much and risk messing it up very badly, the feel and sound deserve better than that.   Thanks all for your comments... I have some prizes to build for the local coyote hunt, then I hope to have time to fix this call... when I do I will post some pics and you can let me know if it helped...lol

dukxdog

Just make the pad a bit bigger and it will work!
LIFE MEMBER NRA & GOA
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense."
"On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who, on the dawn of victory, lay down their weary heads resting...and there resting, died."