• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Two from Lil-Man

Started by Lil-Man, March 24, 2007, 10:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil-Man

# 1 is Chacate fitted with a coaxer that makes a killer bird distress # 2 is Mahogany and fitted to your choice of jack or cotton tail. (Cam has a good raspy jack that he has figured out)
Both have oil and wax finish and our camera just .....lets say not to good. Your choice @ $8.00 or both for $15.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to take a kid hunting & fishing :yoyo:
Take a kid hunting!
I'm a kid :)-

Todd Rahm

Lil' Feller  :wink: I'd be honored to take them both. What I need ya to do is sign them and date them for me.  :wink: I'm all for supporting ya in your endeavor, and hope ten years down the road we'll be talking about how far ya have came and what ya have done over the years.  :congrats:

Ya stick around and sneak some tips from these fellas, and they'll be hard pressed to keep up with ya, because for an 8 year old, your turning some perty nice look'n calls.  :congrats:

Jim, can ya ditch the pink call in my banner and place the call on the right in there, with out to much trouble?

Thanks,
Todd

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Done.
It'll be a few minutes before you see the changes.
Maintenance is run automatically on the banner script hourly, on the hour, and changes wont be visually propagated until then.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Super...........hope I got the call.  :wink:

FinsnFur

:laf: Yeah cuz I aint changing it again  :roflmao:
J/K
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

canine

You Da-man ....Lil-man. Them are good lookin calls, I hope you find time to post more, would like to have one myself.

JD

awh

Todd,
You got them. Cam had a busy weekend and I'll get him on the computer this afternoon.

Question to the call makers....Where Cam is using oil and wax, will a sharpe work for signing over the wax or should he try and rub some of the wax off first?

Danny
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

I  don't honestly know since I am using an engraver.  Al would be the person that could probably answer the best about signing on the oil and wax finish.  I know that Joe signs many of his calls, but he doesn't always use an oil finish.  If you don't get an answer here, I would send a PM to Al.

Jerry

awh

Thanks Jerry.
He was getting ready to sign yours and I stopped him cause I didn't know how it was going to do. I'll get in touch with Al and have Cam mail them tomorrow. Worse case, I can borrow an engraver from work and let him do it that way but it would take a couple of extra days to ship cause he would have to re-do the finish over the engraving.

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Todd Rahm

If he cant sign it, thats fine. I never thought about the wax or oil.

Please PM me how and where to pay the lil' feller.  :wink:

Thanks again,
Todd

Hawks Feather

Don't worry about it.  It will be going into the collection and I will also mark the inside of the bell with a number so I know where and when I got it.  I would not mess with the engraver and have him need to work on refinishing a call.  That would not be fun for him and right now he needs to enjoy this as much as possible.

Jerry

awh

Al sent me some suggestions for Cam to try. He has another call done , except for the wax, so he can play on it to see if he can get it worked out. He can wax half of it and see how it does then he can sign the other side then wax to see if it takes it off.
A little before & after test to see if either way is going to work.

Lil-Man

Hey guys calls ready tomorrow.

Todd do you want youres voiced with cotten tail or jack

cameron
Take a kid hunting!

Todd Rahm

Suprise me.  :biggrin:

Jerry did ya say mark the inside of the barrel?  :shck: :holdon: :wo: can ya elaberate?  :confused:

Lil-Man

Todd,
Danny here. Cam may be able to do the barrel on Jerrys but yours isn't bored big enough to sign inside. We were just looking at the test call he signed and trying to decide on Jerrys (If he can get his sig in it or not)(the barrel that is)

The mahogany he can do around the rim of the barrel, but the smaller Chacate will have to be on the side of the call. I'm going to bring him a fine point sharpie from work tomorrow  :innocentwhistle:, so it's not so big. the test call looks as if it's not going to rub off (and I finally got a call from him :highclap: :yoyo: :biggrin: :wink: yippppppeeeee....the test call is mine. FINALLY) so he will sign them tomorrow & I'll take them to work and ship them Wed.
I'll get him to set the reed tonightand suprise you on the sound.

(Trying to help him get some post so he can send & receive messages)

Danny
Take a kid hunting!

Hawks Feather

Danny,
He can sign the outside of the barrel on the call for me, that is not a problem.  I will be putting a code on the inside so that I can keep track of the call.

Todd,
http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=1731.new#new

Jerry

Arkyyoter

I haven't tried to sign with the oil and wax.....I think Al would know, but I haven't tried.....I shoot a coat of laquer over the signature before I finish the signed ones......and use pigment ink, let it dry before applying lacquer.

Joe

Lil-Man

Al gave several suggestions this morning. (Thank you so much Mr. Al :congrats:) It looks as if the sharpie is going to work over the oil & wax as long as they aren't rubbed and rubbed & rubbed. We were talking tonight and the next ones he makes he is going to sign them after the oil and then put a coat of clear finger nail polish over the signature before waxing. (I might get him to try a few other ways to see if I can get a few more calls.... :shrug:) He likes to sit and rub 'em while he watches TV. His mom hates the smell of the wax & I think that's why he likes it... :innocentwhistle:

I also want to thank all of you who have helped Lil-Man. All I can say is this is a great bunch of people we have met and you just don't know how you have made a kid so happy in the things being said here & all the help he has received. All of ya take a bow, you are the best.

Danny
Take a kid hunting!

coyotehunter_1

Lil-Man,
Good looking calls  :biggrin: 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.