• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Primos Bombshell Review.

Started by nastygunz, April 17, 2013, 06:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I have a lot of turkey calls in a lot of varieties, from custom long boxes and custom pot calls to store bought ones, wing bone calls, etc. I love turkey calls! I also like the push pin type of calls which is what my 1st ever call was, and they work. I have bought a few over the years and even a custom one once and so far my favorite has been a Quaker Boy Easy Yelper, does some good sounds, price is easy, not perfect though, but good.

I was looking over new calls this year and not planning on buying anything since I have mentioned I already have a bunch, when in pursuit of the elusive perfect pin/push call I spotted the Primos Bombshell. Now I won’t say it’s perfect, but I will say I really like it! Ergonomic in the hand, can strap it to your gun barrel for close in calling with barely any movement, can adjust the tone to be high pitched or raspy and lock it closed so it makes no noise while you’re on the move.

I finally got my hands on one for $24.00 which is a bit steep in my frugal (cheap) estimate. However after playing around with it quite a bit I like it, does pretty good purrs and clucks, not bad yelp, I am happy with it and consider it a keeper. Calls I don’t consider keepers I give to my young nephew’s ha-ha. I like it even better than my previous favorite, the Quaker Boy Easy Yelper.

It has 2 bright green rods on it which are pure marketing, and Primos says in their ads and video it took 3 years of testing and design to come up with the Bombshell. In my humble opinion if it took them that long to design a push/pin call I am glad they don’t design cars or buildingsJ.

I would also not be overly eager to market anything with the word “bomb” in it these days either, but hey maybe I’m too PC. If I rated the call from 1-10, I would give it a good solid respectable 8 ½. My search for a “10” push/pin call continues…..

KySongDog

Nice review, Nasty.   We have something in common.  I killed my first turkey using a Quaker Boy Easy Yelper back in the '80's.   :laf:    That was back when one had to go to LBL to hunt turkeys before the restocking program took hold across the state.   I lost it in the woods a few years later and was sick for a week over it.   Sentimental value I guess.   

I'll have to check out that "bomb" call.  Sounds like a winner.