• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Finally the Green Bois D'Arc

Started by CypressSlough, April 05, 2007, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Well I finally had a little time this morning to get a couple of calls finished up. This is the Green Bois D'Arc and Zebrawood/Cocabola. The pics do not do justice to the Bois D'Arc. It is really green. The pics make it look a little brown. There is a small area of yellow on both the barrel and insert. This was left on for a little contrast. The Green Bois D'Arc is SOLD and the Zebrawood is $40 including shipping. Thanks, Brian.

www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bowjunkie

I would like the Green Bois D'Arc  if its still avalable

Hawks Feather

Those are good looking calls.  Nice work.

Jerry

CypressSlough

The green bois d'arc is yours bowjunkie. Thanks, Brian.

Thanks Hawk, Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Arkyyoter

Very nice......I wish I had thought of the way you do those accent bands....nice touch!!

Joe

CypressSlough

Thanks Joe. The idea came from Al's bonker calls. I really like the way he transitions between the barrel and insert. Without redesigning my entire call, I just played off the design to fit my call. I give that design feature to Al. He's starting that trend with different types of calls all over the boards. Thanks again, Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

CypressSlough

Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bowjunkie

Thanks Brian sent one back at ya  :biggrin:

Ed

guywildstorm

Brian both of those are SHARP looking. Great job.

Guy
Clark's Custom Calls & Lanyards

bowjunkie

:yoyo: got the call in the mail yesterday and WOW the pics don't even come close to showing the beauty of this call its so prewtty I was "almost" afraid ta see how it sounds ,yup you guessed it sounds as good as it looks....      :biggrin:

thanks again Brian  :congrats:

ps now I need the open reed ta match  :eyebrow:    :innocentwhistle:

CypressSlough

Thanks Ed. I'm glad it got there and you liked it. I'm gonna try to get some open reeds turned out this week. If you really want a matching open reed, I'll see what I can do. Thanks, Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

What exactly is green bois d'arc? Cant say I have seen or heard of it before.

Todd

PS. Bow you must be getting quite the collection by now.  :wink:

CypressSlough

Todd, Green Bois D'Arc is plain yellow Bois D'Arc that has sat in wet ground for many many years. The minerals and Tanic Acid in the wet soil turn the bright yellow wood a deep dark green color. Only the part submerged in the ground will turn green. The rest stays yellow. Usually the only place to find this is from old fence posts that were placed in a low marshy area. Since wood fence posts have been pushed to the side for steel fence posts, it is almost impossible to find anymore. This call was cut from the area where it turned from green to yellow. You can see the yellow spots on both the insert and barrel. When I was first told what green bois d'arc was, the old timer told me the process took 50 years to turn. I'm not sure it actually takes that long or not.  All I know is, it's like finding a gold nugget when you find a green post. Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bowjunkie

Todd , ya I gots a call or three nothin like you though  :eyebrow:  Brian thats interesting bout that wood all I can say is WOW its freakin awesome lookin stuff ,heck ya I want a open reed  :biggrin: how's it sound in a turkey box call  :innocentwhistle: 

Ed

CypressSlough

Ed, I'll let you know how the box sounds as soon as it's finished. I've never made a box from it so this is an experiment. Hopefully it works out or it's a waste of great wood. Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Todd Rahm

Who owns the call on the left and wants to sell it?  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Tried to bump this one. Who else has some of this wood in stock? BigB? Coulter?