• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Buck, brass and buffalo...

Started by Arkyyoter, April 09, 2007, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

At the behest of a few I consider to be masters, I decided to continue with the quest to build a few "higher end" predator calls...

This is actually quite a step for me, so we shall see what we shall see... whether it is acceptable, or whether I can develop the necessary eye/skills/talent.

At the present, I am taking no further orders...I simply cannot keep up and it is unfair to those ordering calls for it to take so long for me to complete the orders. For the time being, and for the forseeable future, I will post calls as I can. I appreciate each and every one of you and sincerely hope you understand. I will continue to make a few hunting grade calls, as time permits, and will post them as such...but my current state of affairs dictates I do more along the lines of the following call. I have much to learn, and am doing so as quickly as is possible for a dumb old country boy.

This call is fitted via a tenon turned on the mouth, matched to a corresponding .625 hole in the antler. The mouth is a press fit, and a good one if I may say so myself  :grin:

That being said, this call is Whitetail Antler, w/ a brass accent band, and an Indian Water Buffalo mouth. It contains a JC reed sleeve and, in the interest of classic calls, a brass reed. It is tuned smooth and sweet...it contains NO finish whatsoever...just a tremendous amount of buffing and a few coats of high grade wax...

The 25/06 round is for size comparison....

The call is shown from as many angles as deemed necessary...

I must confess, this call is expensive...I could make more $$ working for minumum wage, but I am not in this strictly for the $$..

If you are interested, please PM me with an offer...the first offer to make me smile, gets it  :grin:  :p  ;)

Thanks for your time,

Joe

FinsnFur

Pretty interesting Joe....pretty interesting  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

KySongDog

Great lookin call, Joe!   :congrats:

I would PM ya, but I don't think I can afford what that call is worth.  

Semp

HaMeR

That sure is a nice one Joe!! You sure give folks a new reason to head out to the shop with that one!!

Glen
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Joe,

That is one GREAT looking call and definitely "high end".  At least high enough end that I won't embarrass myself, or lose your friendship, over an offer that won't make you smile.  So you will just have to read this post and smile knowing that I like that call.

Jerry

keekee

YOTERS DEN

Very nice Joe!  :highclap:

How many more of those (types) are you going to be making?

April
"Predator Hunters Custom Gear Headquarters"
1-877-657-4824

BasinBoy

Joe thats got to be the purtiest call ive ever seen