Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Impressive! Thanks for posting that link. 

I'll bet that this Microgun is a step on the way to something.  I'd love to know what DARPA is playing with along this line.

A major problem for any non-mounted use is ability to carry enough ammo, and if mounted on a vehicle, the size reduction isn't as critical (except on drones... hmm).  They need to develop a new, much smaller round to use in mini-guns. Something like a .20 in a bottlenecked center fire cartridge about the total size of a .22 RF magnum would allow a man to carry two or three times the number of .223 rounds for the same weight and bulk.  Or maybe the .17 HMR would work?

With such a small round, recoil might reduce enough to hold pretty close to aim when shoulder mounted.  An engineer friend of mine worked with Stoner way back and got into a deal where several developers tested whether they could consistently hold aim with an M-16 and some other weapons on full auto.  Their conclusion was no, but he said that it sure was fun.

I read a sci-fi story once about combat troops who carried electro-magnetic needle guns.  Can't remember details but I think the fantasy was that each man carried 50,000 rounds in ten mags of 5000 rounds each.  Jack O'Connor wrote something about a future when rifles would fire steel needles at 50,000 fps. 

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Okanagan on February 11, 2017, 11:21:15 AM
Impressive! Thanks for posting that link. 

I'll bet that this Microgun is a step on the way to something.  I'd love to know what DARPA is playing with along this line.

A major problem for any non-mounted use is ability to carry enough ammo, and if mounted on a vehicle, the size reduction isn't as critical (except on drones... hmm).  They need to develop a new, much smaller round to use in mini-guns. Something like a .20 in a bottlenecked center fire cartridge about the total size of a .22 RF magnum would allow a man to carry two or three times the number of .223 rounds for the same weight and bulk.  Or maybe the .17 HMR would work?

With such a small round, recoil might reduce enough to hold pretty close to aim when shoulder mounted.  An engineer friend of mine worked with Stoner way back and got into a deal where several developers tested whether they could consistently hold aim with an M-16 and some other weapons on full auto.  Their conclusion was no, but he said that it sure was fun.

I read a sci-fi story once about combat troops who carried electro-magnetic needle guns.  Can't remember details but I think the fantasy was that each man carried 50,000 rounds in ten mags of 5000 rounds each.  Jack O'Connor wrote something about a future when rifles would fire steel needles at 50,000 fps.

Yea, all that is true, but the deal breaker is there isn't a scope mounted on it.    :shock2:     :shock2:     :shock2:

Jerry

slagmaker

Hey wait a minute!! I want to see the thing in action. Not just some dealer/developer talking about it. PUT YO MONEY WHERE YO MOUTH IS
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: slagmaker on February 11, 2017, 02:40:33 PM
Hey wait a minute!! I want to see the thing in action. Not just some dealer/developer talking about it. PUT YO MONEY WHERE YO MOUTH IS
Me too Slag
Fuzzy

FinsnFur

Should we order one to carry on the FNF Yacht? We can all test fire it out at sea :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Sure thing Jim!! I mean somebody here has to assume that responsibility for the good of the FnF community right??  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Then there's the liability issues of a Mod posting this link for the public to read.  :readthis: after   :readthis:  after  :readthis: of legal mumbo jumbo.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

We need to have the FNF yacht moved to lake Barkley!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

It sure is great to have some sound legal advice like Glen offers.  What would we do without him?

I don't know much about Lake Barkley, but if it can't handle a 375 foot boat we will need to look for a larger lake.

See you on the water.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

The guy in the video used to be on the red jacket firearms TV show. He was a door gunner.

Hawks Feather

Thanks for posting that video.

Jerry

Okanagan

Yes, thank you for posting it. 

slagmaker

Great video.

I know a few veterans with PTSD. Not a good thing. There are simply not enough programs out there to help these men and women that need the help.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I spent a lot of time in helos in the service and every single time I was on one I thought I was going to die! Not too fond of flying in airplanes either  :huh: