• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A few pictures from Quetico this year:

Started by coyote101, July 19, 2017, 11:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

We paddled....

.....and took in some scenery......

......and caught some fish.

We cooked and hung out in a light weight screen house I picked up at Harbor Freight. (The mosquitos are brutal)

My son stayed in that tent in the background.....

.....and I slept here:

We had to offload, cover our gear, and hunker down during a thunderstorm, complete with hail, during one of our travel days.

All in all a good trip, but I believe my days of multiple long portages are over.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

WOW thanks for sharing Pat. That is some beautiful scenery and the fishing looked top notch.
I have a Hennessy hammock myself. I love it for travel camping. Off the bike or out of the canoe.

How many miles of water did you put under you?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Since I wasn't there to endure the mosquitoes or thunderstorm, it looks wonderful.  In fact it might be the best camping trip I have been on this year.

Jerry

Okanagan

Sure makes me long for that kind of trip, sans long portages.  Glad you made it and enjoyed it.  Some BIG fish!

riverboss

Looks like a good time Pat!
Fresh fish taste so much better after a hard day of fun.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

pitw

Dang Pat that looked like a good time.  Te hammock made me think of a self feeder for bears. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Wow...I am so jealous :bowingsmilie:
The only thing I dont think I would like was the...well...there was nothing I wouldnt like about that. It looked like it'd be right up my alley!! :biggrin: Man it looked grreat!
Is the water pretty clear?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: slagmaker on July 19, 2017, 03:49:11 PM
How many miles of water did you put under you?

I'm not really sure, Bear. Our travel days were around eight or ten miles of paddling, plus some fairly strenuous portaging. Fishing days I'm sure we paddled several miles, but they were at a pretty leisurely pace.

Quote from: pitw on July 20, 2017, 08:14:27 PM
The hammock made me think of a self feeder for bears. :shrug:

Some guys call them "bear burritos". I've never seen a bear, and don't ever worry about them. Maybe I should.  :sad3:

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 20, 2017, 10:25:03 PM
Is the water pretty clear?

All of the lakes are clear, but some are dark. I think it is from the iron.  :shrug:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Wow - great pics Pat.  A trip like that is on my bucket list.