• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

1st Pot Call

Started by blacky, May 06, 2007, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacky

I have made box calls, push button calls and mouth calls from scratch but this is the first pot style call I have done. This one started as a piece of bare wood. It is a double glass set in a walnut pot and sounds pretty darn good if I say so myself. Let me know what you think.

http://genesturkeycalls.com/gtcalls/1st_custom_call_pic.jpg

I still have lots to learn but have enjoyed it so far.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Bills Custom Calls

Looks pretty neat

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bob D

That looks good Blacky. I've never used that type call . Most folks use diaphram or boxes around here.

CypressSlough

Blacky, I turn quite a few pot calls and that one is a nice one.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Dogwood Creek

Looks like a winner there Blacky. Nice, very nice!

iahntr

perty cool how you can send the pictures in and get em personalized how you want em.  :congrats:
Scott

CypressSlough

Iahntr, you can print them yourself on self adhesive photo paper and stick them to the the sound board or have them printed for you. Then just trim it arounf the edge to fit.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

cb223

Thats cool I like it!
CHAD

iahntr

Yeah Brian, never gave that much thought. :biggrin: I've only messed around makin a couple a slate calls a few years ago. Only used drill bit and Dremel tool. Looked cool when I was done, sounded like crap! :biggrin:
Scott

blacky

I posted the picture of the call on a couple call maker sites and had an offer to purchase. Didn't think it would happen that quick.  :laf:

I am working on two more custom pots right now. One is cherry and the other is sassafras. I will let you see them when they are done in a few days.

I am still learning the little things about making these calls.
Complete line of turkey, locator, deer and squirrel calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com