• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mac Ebony and Bloodwood

Started by Hawks Feather, August 22, 2006, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

This is my second "glue up" call and is a mate to one that I sold earlier.  This one is Mac Ebony and Bloodwood.  I have been babying this all day, taking my time, working on it slowly, and finally have it finished.  I normally work on getting a "final" finish that anyone would like, but this one has some extra time and sanding down to 12,000 with micro mesh that has it above my other finishes.  I am sorry that this picture does not show the "real" finish, but you can get an idea.  Anyway, this turned out to be a call that will work in the field, but would be equally at home in the display case.

This call has a WK (2b1) tone board, tapered bell, and is finished inside as well as out.  The reference round is a .243 Winchester (2.63 inches long).  $35.00 plus shipping if you are interested.

Thanks for looking,

Hawk

FinsnFur

Very nice Hawk's Feather. I can almost see you holding the camera in the finish :biggrin:

Hey what's WK stand for? I understand Steve quit making toneboards, just curious as to who is doing it now. Ketchum?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Very pretty.

Your hands are too clean to be a call maker LOL.

Al
THo Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

WK is Will Ketchum, but the tone boards came from Steve.  I still have several of the 2b1 tone boards and they are exactly the same except for the initial change.

THO - I used LOTS of cleaner and made sure that I kept my fingernails pointed down.  Thanks for the compliment, it means A LOT coming from you.  Thanks also for the plug on your new website.  It is off to a great start.

Hawk

Todd Rahm

Darn I knew I should have checked the site before coming to work.  :madd:

I'll check'r out first thing in the morning Hawk!

Todd Rahm

:congrats: Dang that is very nice Hawk, very nice indeed.  :congrats:

If'n I wasn't out to three other call spinners, I'd be on it.

Brad H

Nice piece of craftsmanship there Hawk. :yoyo:

Todd,
Throw your work computer in a ditch and charge a new one to the company. Then take the rest of the day off paid.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Brad

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the nice comments.  The call has been sold.

Hawk

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 22, 2006, 05:52:41 PM

This is my second "glue up" call and is a mate to one that I sold earlier.  This one is Mac Ebony and Bloodwood.  I have been babying this all day, taking my time, working on it slowly, and finally have it finished.  I normally work on getting a "final" finish that anyone would like, but this one has some extra time and sanding down to 12,000 with micro mesh that has it above my other finishes.  I am sorry that this picture does not show the "real" finish, but you can get an idea.  Anyway, this turned out to be a call that will work in the field, but would be equally at home in the display case.             

This call has a WK (2b1) tone board, tapered bell, and is finished inside as well as out.  The reference round is a .243 Winchester (2.63 inches long).  $35.00 plus shipping if you are interested.

Thanks for looking,

Hawk
I kind of screwed this up. Sorry about that. Nice looking call. Do you have somemore calls for sale. If so, could you please post some pictures. I'm interested.

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Hawks Feather

I have sent a couple of emails back and forth with Jerry and will be making some more open reed calls this week.  I will post them when I get them done and he gets first pick.

Jerry