• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Dog Down" cow horn howler...

Started by HuntnCarve, May 08, 2007, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Here's a cow horn howler that I just finished up. I titled it "Dog Down" for obvious reasons.  The second coyote seems to be wondering what happened to his buddy?  Giving him that "Something ain't right here" look I best be leaving.. There's a good bit of hours in this one.  I figure it's destined to be a collector piece.  I tried to get some decent photos, but the sun shine, and slight curve of the horn are working against me.  Definitely one that looks even better in person!  Asking $150.00 Delivered.  Thanks for looking!  (Well, This one's been Sold!)
HuntnCarve

KySongDog

Very nice!  The detail is amazing!   :congrats:

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Todd Rahm

Dave,

That is by far the best howler I have seen you do.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: Don't get me wrong here, your others are great, but I love everyting about this howler.

Shape, the suttleness of the horn itself, and when you look at this carving/painting, you want to try and visialize the story behind it.

I, myeslf wouldn't have been able to pass this howler up.

Super awesome Job Dave.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

FinsnFur

Absolutely awesome.  :congrats:

The downed dog looks natural as heck with it's flacid body following the contour of the snow. And the compadre moving in slow, looking for that eye contact but gets nothing more then a cold a blank lifeless stare.

Outta this world Dave :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CypressSlough

Dave, I will have to agree with Todd. The best I've seen yet. That's saying alot with all the others you've made. I wouldn't have passed it up either.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Hawks Feather

Dave,

I don't know how each of your carvings exceeds the previous one, but it sure makes me want to see what is next.

Jerry

Brad H

That's an idea I've never seen before. Probably the most creative one I've seen you do yet, Dave.

Brad

iahntr

Very very nice !  :congrats: :congrats: You did an awesome job with the expression on his face!
Scott

Fireball221

Dave,
You couldn't leave my montana coyote howler in the spot light any longer? :shrug:  I agree with everyone else, somehow you always step up to the plate and hit it further out of the park. :bowingsmilie: That is one heck of a good looking call.  Keep em comin!

vvarmitr

Ya told me you had a good'n coming.  I guess so. There is so much action in your stills ... John Ford would have liked you. :biggrin:

Good thing it's sold or I'd have to get it on the PayPal  plan ... pay ya pal when I get the money.  :roflmao:

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Seriously stunning.  Dave, extremly extremly well done!!! :congrats:

Joey
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

yotehunter74

very VERY Nice, I showed the wife and told her your asking price and she said "WOW, thats not bad".... if I had planned on that reaction it would have been mine  lol

ohiobob

OMG
There is NO WAY i would hunt with that call AND i would be on pins and needles until that piece of art was in my hands!!!
Damn i think even MY WIFE would have bought that one,very nice work :bowingsmilie: :congrats: :yoyo:
i HAVE GOT TO come in here more often!

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???