• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lil' Dude...

Started by Arkyyoter, May 11, 2007, 09:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

This is the first of what I hope is many of these little open reed calls...they have a LOT going for them!! It is Ox horn and Buffalo........

I have been working on this little call a while....I have ruined two pieces of Ox horn making the tone board....finally got one where I wanted it. This one sounds as it should......sharp and piercing....loud if ya want...tuned pretty high, yet it will still do Jack sounds on the low end...utilizing a 10 mil Duralar reed, it is very smooth...

The body is Buffalo horn, which further adds to the sound...all in all I really like this call....It is small and handy, feels good in your hand and has a wide range of pitch and wonderful tonal qualities....plus it is easy to blow....I hope to make more, but I sure hope I get faster at it!!

It is 50.00 delivered....Thanks for lookin'   :biggrin:

Joe

DirtyDog

:congrats:

Wow Joe, I don't know where you get the time for all the calls you make, because it is apparent that you put a lot of time into each one. I always look forward to what you are going to put out next.  :congrats:

ND

awh

I think Joe has figured out how to turn on two lathes at the same time.  :biggrin:

Another beauty Joe. I'd be interested in hearing a sound clip on the lil dude. It just looks as if it will sing.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bowjunkie

sweet call Joe  :yoyo: but I'm holdin out fer the second silver snake call   :eyebrow:  :biggrin:

keekee

Looks very good Joe!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Yoe,

That is one horny little call there.  It looks like it would be a nice compact call and the sound should be excellent.  Nice one.

Yerry

Pilgrim

desert dog

Joe "The Call Pimp" Bradshaw!!

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Hawks Feather

Loren,

I never thought about it, but the call pimp is making horny calls.  That does sound bad.    :roflmao:

Jerry

DirtyDog

He does use a lot of horns for his calls though Jerry.......  :wo:

iahntr

Good lookin call Joe  :congrats:
Scott

cb223

Very nice Joe! You've been doing some excellent work lately.
CHAD

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys.....it is spoken for.....

Joe

yotehunter74

Joe,   super sweet little call..... love the color on the toneboard...       Steve