• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

"Tough Times" Elk Antler Howler/Distress

Started by HuntnCarve, June 14, 2007, 05:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

This coyote has endured some "Tough Times", but things are looking up.  He managed to pick up a cottontail.  So atleast for tonight he won't be hungry....
This elk antler call is 5-1/4" tall, and features a carved chain detail.  The carving is pretty much self explanatory...Asking $125.00 Delivered.  Thanks for looking!
HuntnCarve
Dave

Arkyyoter

That carving in place of an accent band is WONDERFUL!!  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie:  :bowingsmilie: That is the epitome of that style art work to me......

FinsnFur

I was thinking the same thing. That carved band adds to what is already a beautiful piece of work.
Nice Dave
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

WOW WOW WOW Dave I just am amazed at your work once again fanflippintastic  :yoyo:

ohiobob

SHE IIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
That is NICE !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Dave,

That band really looks nice.  It must be hard to keep raising the bar for yourself - and I mean that is a good way.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

Well it's no fun rapping my head on the bar! LOL!  I do try to be innovative occassionally.  I really need to work on my photography skills.  Seems the carvings/paintings I do always appear "cartoonish" in the posts?  In hand, the carvings exhibit a more lifelike appearance.  Regardless, I always enjoy the kind words you good folk send my way.  Thank you!
Dave

HaMeR

Hi Dave-- Your carvings don't have that appearance to me on my monitor at all. I have a 19" flat monitor if that means anything. :shrug: :eyebrow: :eyebrownod:  If anything they come across quite nicely. I can see the details in your carvings real good. And the colors are always right & where they are supposed to be. You mentioned 5 1/4" tall. I'm assuming thats standing on end. If so,, that only leaves what appears to be 2 2/2" for the carving to be done on the side of it. I think you do quite well at sizing things up so they "fit" & have a very nice appearance. I think you might just be a bit more critical of your photo skills than you should be. JMHO

Either way,, I really need to get one of your howlers even tho I have a couple others already. Can't have too many!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Cartoonish? :confused:  :wo:  :shrug:  Looks mighty good to me! Now I've talked to ya on the phone a few times & you seemed alittle Goofy to me. Ayuck :laf:  :wink:

HuntnCarve

Vvarmitr,

I prefer the term "eccentric"! LOL!   Note to self:  Check out whether blasting cap will fit into JC Products reed sleeve?   Special call for my Ohio hog bustin buddy!  Just teasin there Vv!   

BasinBoy