• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Howler for sale

Started by Brad H, August 31, 2006, 07:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

SOLD!

I've been playing with this one off and on. Kinda saving it to sell here as promised.

It's the first cowhorn with an alunminun sleeve. A very hard to find type of horn. The pics aren't the best but I think I got every angle.

Operation is perfect to my liking.

$75 takes it.

Jeb

Work of art, beautiful ! :congrats: Just bought 2 howlers or that one would be mine !!!
                     Jeb

nailbender

Dang ! Thats a real beauty!   Wish I wasn't supposed to be saving.   :madd:

5 SHOTS

If that one isn't sold before I get over there, it might just have to go home with me :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Bob D

Brad ,
That is one beautiful howler. I believe it is the best looking cow horn howler I've ever seen.
Bob

keekee

WOW!!!! :congrats: Awesome work Brad! :highclap:

Brent

THO Game Calls

QuoteOperation is perfect to my liking.

That's pretty much all a man needs to know isn't it?

Do you have a paypal account?  If so, I will take that howler off your hands.  I plan on getting it roughted up a bit in the woods some.  I know it might be a collectors items, but that quaote above tells me that howler needs to be hunted.

Let me know.

Al
THO Game Calls
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Brad H

Yes Al I sure do, and the howler is yours.

She was built to be a user, just turned out to be a pretty one.

rebl70@midrivers.com

Thanks!
Brad

THO Game Calls

Well, this is turning out to be a good day  :biggrin:

Thank You Brad.  Pay Pal was just sent. 

Al
THO Game Calls

Brad H

The howler is now in the mail. Spare reed and band is in the horn.

The lanyard is okay, but keep an eye on it. That horn might work best on one of your doubles or triples. Otherwise, it's ready to rock and roll.

Let me know if there's any problems at all.

Thanks again!
Brad

Bob D

Congratulations Al,
You just got you a real keeper howler. Thanks for buying it before I did. I couldn't have stood it much longer. If I didn't just get a buffalo howler from Brad I would have scooped up this one. If you don't like it for some reason you can sell it to me later.
Bob

THO Game Calls

QuoteIf you don't like it for some reason you can sell it to me later.

Make you a deal Bob, I will put it in my will to you.  Cause that's the ONLY way you getting that one  :eyebrownod:

Al
THO Game Calls

Bob D

FinsnFur

Brad, what's the overall length there. Without anything else in the photo for reference it's tough to tell.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

I didn't measure that one, but I have another I was using to do some comaring with. It's about 9 inches total in length around the back and about 2 1/2 across. Pretty much standard for a cowhorn howler but slightly longer than my usuall ones because of the aluminum.

I've made wolf howlers that run up to 14 inches along the back. That makes for a big ice howler.

I should have put the Sceery AP-7 down for size comparison.

Brad

THO Game Calls

Just based off the toneboard, which is probably about 1 1/2 and 2 inches total in length, I am guessing that it is between 8 and 9 inches long?  

I found an old fleece camo muzzleloading bag in a box of old hunitng stuff last night.  I was going to trash it as I can't remember the last time I ever used it, but something made me keep it.  I am betting that howler will be nice and cozy in there.  

Al
THO Game Calls

FinsnFur

:confused: I dont know how in the heck I missed half of this thread, but I was completely under the impression that all the replies were commenting on the howler.
I totally missed Al buying it.

I watched the replies file in and figured I gave everyone else thier chance, but they were just gawking over it. You beat me Al. Snuck in from the side and flat out beat me :sneer:

Very nice work by the way Brad
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Thank God Al took it when he did!  I would have gotten my ass handed to me if I bought a howler after I just agreed to put all my extra cash towards a peice of Colorado. I think I erased "I'll take it " twice this morning!  It was making me crazy!

You got a real beauty there Al!

Todd Rahm

Hey thats a dandy Brad................. :congrats:

Al you better put some calls up on your page to defere some of the cost.  :biggrin: I keep check'n ya know.

THO Game Calls

QuoteAl you better put some calls up on your page to defere some of the cost

Nah, my wofe's got a good job LOL

I'm working on the site right now Todd.  Hope to be done in a year or two. 

Al
THO Game Calls