• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

my Rhino collection and Al Lux

Started by bearmanric, July 07, 2007, 09:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearmanric

Well Here is my Rhino collection. and a Al Lux ALUMINUM. i need to pay for the big lathe i wanted today. you guy's get first bid on these. best of the best. Rick

#1  $50.00 rest $30.00 brass Rhino $35.00

bowjunkie

Rick I would take the AL lux

PM sent

bearmanric

ninthinning

Rick, I'll take the rest.  Let me know how much. 9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

iahntr

:madd: Didn't see , and think fast enough on that one :sad2:
Scott

Hawks Feather

I saw it, but thought I would give some of you that didn't have one of Jay's calls a chance before getting one. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Ohhhhh man, I'm getting outta here before Todd comes in.  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bearmanric

bojunkie got the brass Rhino and the Al lux. and eric got the rest. Rick

bearmanric

mad moose blackwood one piece.  $45.00

Todd Rahm

Yipper, all nice calls to have. The Rhinos are always on my list, and that first one for sure would have been a golden addition to the collection.

Nice pick-ups fellows.

Brad H

Quotemad moose blackwood one piece.  $45.00

Mad Moose and Brad H.

I remember making those calls with Paul. I think almost every one was spoken for before they were even finished.

Brad

Todd Rahm

Yipper, that slope (oops Sorry for the typo Brad) in front of the tone board is a dead give away for a call thats ha Brad's hands on it.  :biggrin: For sure a nice o add to the collection and if I had the extra funds, and didn't already have one..................I'd offer to take.

By the way, welcome back Rick..........Its good to see ya.

ninthinning

I'll buy the Mad Moose and Brad H. open reed.
Thank you,
9th
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Fireball221

I was afraid this was going to happen again.  Calls purchased for a very reasonable price and then placed for sale at ridiculous prices on EBAY store.  No offense to the call builders as these calls mean a great deal to those of us who truly value the craft, the sport and most of all the camaraderie.  This isn't a matter of "we" didn't get our hands on these calls first, it's about paying true respect to those builders and the sport we love, not the all mighty dollar.  If those calls are truly worth the price listed in the EBAY STORE then that owner would gladly be paying those kinds of prices for the calls even when the builder sells it at the fair price. 

No with respect to the EBAY Store Owner, you have done some nice things for folks no doubt about that but I for one haven't observed the types of posts where buyer's are thanking you for the little extra you give.  I can think of several call builders who have several posts "Thanking the Call Builder" not just for extras but for being very good people and fair to them. 

And to sum it up, I know several have posted saying that this is just how stuff works, if you think it is to high priced then you won't buy it but someone else will.  That is not the argument in this case, people are fair to him, he should oblige and conduct himself the same.

bearmanric

i didnt really want to sell the collection i still have way more than enough call's. over in pm the new callmallker's dont even know who the father's of callmaking are.  it's sad were it's going this is on pm. thing's are so different now. on the 23 rd Ryan will start my shop i have $6.500 saved for it. i dint want to get into my fund's to get tool's. getting close now guy's. you will see more stuff then.  not mass quanity just quality. Rick :sneer:

Fireball221

Hello Rick,
We know you don't want to sell part of your collection but you did what you and many others would do because you had to and you did it reasonably.  Hope to see more of your great calls in the future and glad to hear that the construction and tool buying is starting of well.  Take Care!

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Dave,

Well put my friend!  I dito your opinion in both of your posts.  Especially the first one. 

I once sold a call, 4 days later it was up for sale on ole ebay at just under twice what I sold it for. 

I bought it back and it now proudly sits on the shelf in my livingroom. 

I took it as a slap in the face, and will not make the same mistake twice... :wink:

Joey Gacnik
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

Fireball221

Hey it's "Yoey",
Good hearing from you, my Zia treasure is on an alaskan lanyard and just waiting to get out in the field.  My other treasure ".22 hornet" is still on the lanyard it came with from you and will once again be hitting the field soon.  Glad you got your call back even though you had to buy the call you sold :shrug: that really sucks :argh:.  I can guarantee one thing the calls folks build for me stay with me and not only go up in the collection but actually hit the field too, afterall that is why they were made.  Gonna be adding a new addition to the houseld and God willing will be making it's on screams when it arrives. My wife and I just found out that we are expecting a little one sometime in February, our first. :biggrin:  You can imagine that girl or boy, god willing healthy will be introduced to the Great Outdoors and all it has to offer.  Take Care my friend!
Dave 

Todd Rahm

Congrats Dave................and if ya need to part with any calls to fund formula and diapers, ya just let me know buddy.  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com