• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Who's ready??

Started by AWSparrows, July 23, 2007, 11:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWSparrows

I was looking at my trappin pictures from last season and I'm getting the itch.

I'm also looking forward to coyote trappin for 4 or 5 days at my cabin with one of the best coyote trappers in the PA.   :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

I just love trapping pics like that.  :yoyo:

It's not very often unless your a trapper that you get to experience the live close up visual of those creatures. Heck sometimes the trapper dont even get to  :laf:

A dead one laying in a heap is a different story, but to look right at em that close and get looked at back.....is just toooo Sweet :eyebrow:

Bring us some more  :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

AWSparrows

I agree, its a lot different than lookn at em through the scope or at night lightin'em up.

Here are a few more from last season, I will post some "fresh" ones here in a few months. :wink:

clousewt

Very nice pics, I will be trapping with Bopeye this season. We both cant wait til it gets cool weather.

FinsnFur

Ahhhhh that's the good stuff  :yoyo: :yoyo:
We should start a trapping photo album. ...to quench my thirst  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

RShaw

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

keekee

Cool Pictures guys!

Randy,

That's a couple cool pictures! The hackles are all up on that Coyote and the double Bobcats is just flat awesome!

That's the bad thing about water trapping, I don't get many live pictures....lol

Brent

FinsnFur

That is sweeeeeeeet
How far apart are those cats?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

RShaw

Jim,
Those two are about 15 yards apart.

This past season, I was lucky enough to call and kill a double on cats too.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

nailbender

Great pics guys!  Just found out that Iowa is going to have a limited season on bobcats this year. :yoyo: Looks like I'll have to plan a trip south!

FinsnFur

Sounds like you got a cat problem Randy.
Well......not really ey  :nono:

Thanks for bringing those in.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

AWSparrows

Awesome pic's Randy, love the double cats.  :congrats:

I've been puttin in for a bobcat tag every year here in PA but have yet to get one. They are giving more tags this year so maybe I'll get one. I'm not sure if I want to call or trap one though. :wo:

catskinner

clousewt

I am ready, this will be the first full year that I am going to be trapping. I have a buddy that has a pond behind his house that has alot of different critters that visit it. Hope to catch some coon, fox, and coyote.

nailbender

I'm all psyched up now!  My buddy is going to show me all his tricks of the trade. Partnering up this year will gain me years of experience.  Last time I trapped successfully there was a bounty on pocket gophers! :laf:

Jerry Hunsley

I'm also getting the itch. Here is a picture from last year.

awh

Me and Cameron are ready. Got the traps waxed yesterday and all we need now is to get in the shop and cut out some stretchers and make a fleshing beam. And buy a fleashing knife. And make a few more cable stakes. And a few more snares made up for smaller critters. And to clean the shop out so we can work the fur. And cut some wood to keep the shop warm while working the fur.....#$%^&, Give us a few more weeks.

You guys could have warned us that this is an addictive thing. But with some luck maybe Cam will get his coyote he is wanting so bad. And me my Bobcat :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Brad H

I hope to be waxing my traps this weekend and adding a couple dozen snares to the line. I'm just short some lure, maybe a couple coyote stretchers and a few days of scouting.

Brad

studabaka

Danny, we could have warned ya, but it's one of those things ya don't fully appreciate until the hook is set.  :biggrin:

Sounds like your gonna have a great setup come season  :highclap:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

awh

I hear ya.  :laf: Now someone get the pliers and remove the hook please... :roflmao:

We have a few spots that we have already been scouting. And a few more we need to get permission and get in to look around. Been seeing alot of sign this year and  :fingerx: I hope that Cam gets that elusive 1st yote so he can cost me even more to get it mounted for him. I promised him, so I guess I have to do it... :biggrin:

I also want to thank you guys for all the help. We would not be anywhere close to being ready if not for you. :bowingsmilie:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.