• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My predator hunting shotgun.

Started by bigben, October 16, 2007, 07:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I know my gun is a .690 constriction.  but this summer I am going to make a screw on choke system for it also.  it patterns bb's great but I know it can be better through a turkey choke constriction.  so I am going to make three screwon choke tubes one the .690 constriction the turkey constriction is .655 I think and I will make one in the middle.  I would also like to be able to make this a nice turkey gun also.  and like I said before since I am a machinist I can make anything. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

centerfire_223

Semp, I have two shotguns that I have used in the past. My Remington 870 I shoot an Undertaker choke in it. It shoots the tightest pattern of any shotgun I have seen. At 40 yards on a sketched out coyote I can get 38 out of 41 pellets in it. My over and under that I hunt with now, I  shoot just a full choke out of it. Though it don't pattern as good as the Remington, it still shoots pretty good out to about 40 yards. The .223 barrel is for anything further out or standing still, so I don't need that much distance with this particular shotgun.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-