• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

For George Washington, on his birthday:

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance.  They are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - George Washington

Because he was such a smart guy, he gets two:

"Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion.  Reason and experience forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in the exclusion of religious principle." - George Washington

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

cathryn

"Reason and experience forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in the exclusion of religious principle." -

boy was he ever ahead of his time on that one.

HaMeR

The fine men that drafted the Constitution were more than 231 years ahead of their time. They knew then what could happen now.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cathryn

kinda makes you wonder if it was happening then and it just wasnt documented. Either way, its been illustrated time and again that they were right. Sad to say.

coyote101

For the race fans among us:

"God created bumpers and....bumpers were made for bumping! - Dale Earnhardt
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
NRA Life Member

cathryn

Too bad more people don't believe that way.  :biggrin:

coyote101

"The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - Vince Lombardi
NRA Life Member

coyote101

For those that are enthralled by the flowery, empty speeches:

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler
NRA Life Member

coyote101

For those of us with kids:

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected." - Red Buttons
NRA Life Member

coyote101

" I have tried to know absolutely nothing about a great many things, and I have succeeded fairly well." - Robert Benchley
NRA Life Member

Hawks Feather

Carolina Coyote

It takes a very Smart man that figgers out how much he don't know. cc

coyote101

"Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Some things are better than sex, and some are worse, but there's nothing exactly like it!" - W.C. Fields
NRA Life Member

Jeb

haha , nobodys touching this one ?? :laf: :laf: :laf:
                  Jeb

coyote101

"The air we breathe, the water we drink, and the land we inhabit are not only critical elements in the quality of life we enjoy - they are a reflection of the majesty of our Creator."
- Rick Perry
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland
NRA Life Member

THO Game Calls

I have to find a place on one of my web sites for that one.  Great quote.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Troy Walter

Yes,That is one of the best so far.