• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I think I know this guy:

"Ordinarily he was insane, but he had lucid moments when he was merely stupid." - Heinrich Heine
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet." - Rodney Dangerfield
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man." - Francis Cardinal Spellman
NRA Life Member

coyote101

For those who can't make up their mind:

"The middle of the road is for yellow lines and dead armadillos." - Jim Hightower
NRA Life Member

Hawks Feather

While not an armadillo, this is close.   :biggrin:

coyote101

When I lived in Alabama, they called armadillo, "possum on the half shell"

Pat
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"A man is getting along on the road to wisdom when he begins to realize that his opinion is just an opinion." - Unknown
NRA Life Member

coyote101

Speaking of opinions, the Supreme Court of the United States hears oral arguments today on the D.C. gun ban.  Their opinion will probably not be out until June, but it will potentially effect gun laws and gun owners throughout the country. I like to believe they will make the correct decision and interpret the clear historically accurate meaning of the Second Amendment, but I have been disappointed by them before. (McCain-Fiengold) We have alot riding on this one fellas.

Pat

Join the NRA
NRA Life Member

coyote101

Be very afraid:

"We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." - Hillary Clinton
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with the power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams
NRA Life Member

jbordy

"Competition brings out the best and the worst in us."  unknown
                                   but
"Who practices to take second place?", jbordy

Maybe we should ask all of those who are tied with Tiger Woods with only 3 holes to go! :wo:
Learn daily and pass it on.

coyote101

"Those that are the loudest in their threats are the weakest in their actions." - Charles Caleb Colton
NRA Life Member

coyote101

I will be gone for the weekend and away from the computer.  I'm going to post the quotes for Saturday and Sunday today.
Read them all at once or one day at a time, which ever you choose.  In any event I hope you enjoy them and have a blessed Easter.

Pat

NRA Life Member

coyote101

I think this says it all:

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. - Jose Ortega y Gasset
NRA Life Member

coyote101

NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
NRA Life Member

Frogman

Quote from: coyote101 on March 24, 2008, 07:00:47 AM
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whoa!  That's a good one.  I hope it works with coyote hunting.   :congrats:

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

"Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you."- Bennett Cerf
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."  - Jim Slinsky
NRA Life Member