• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

3 New THO Calls

Started by THO Game Calls, November 25, 2006, 08:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

Blackwood and Cocobolo tuned cottontail

Thuya Burl and Cocobolo tuned cottontail

Cocobolo and Blackwood tuned cottontail

Calls are 20 bucks each, shipping is 4 via priority mail, and I will of course combine shipping on two or more calls for you.
Payment via PayPal, check or money order made out to THO Game Calls.  We also acept as barter -  dates with hot chicks, beer, and maps to secret hunting locations.

Thanks for looking

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

straycat

I'll take #2, the burl and coca one. Very nice ones Al,interesting design.I'll get you a MO  Monday. Thanks,Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Hawks Feather

Al,

Great looking, and I am sure sounding, calls.  Just like always!

Jerry

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

THO Game Calls

Thanks Joel and Jerry.  I think you will like that little call.  I have your address and will get her out for you on Monday.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

MattS

Al those look great.  They shouldn't last long.

Matt

Todd Rahm

Damn ya Stray  :madd:

Al,

I'll take the third one if'n ya don't mind.  :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

Well heck, I kinda liked that one LOL.  But if you want it I suppose  you can have it.   Thank You.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Arkyyoter

Those are wonderful....simple, yet elegant...and as always the craftsmanship is second to none.....Beautiful work Al.

Joe

FinsnFur

Their like fine pieces of furniture the way they glisten like they never been touched by human hands.  :wink:

Al...have you always made that style from time to time?....or did you revert back to it for a couple?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

No, I never made it until about 7 months ago.  I made a couple of calls for a member on PM, and the design just sort of evolved into these.  This is the thrid generation you might say.  These have the mouth piece taperd into the barrel and have a rope ring cut into the top of the lanyard groove the others did not have.  I think they are where I like them now.  They have a cleaner look. 

I call them bonkers.  Because when your hunting budy makes noise, moves, breaks wind or whatever when you are on stand, you can flip them around and usie the mouth piece as a handle and Bonk him on the noggin with the barrel.

Uncle Jay once suggested that putting a piece of cheese cloth over the mouth piece of your call would help keep it from freezing up.  But the cheese cloth always was too small and I lost it becaue I had nothing to hold onto with my regular calls.  With these, the mouth piece is nice and long so I have more to hold on to. 

The barrel is pretty short on these calls, and the reed is seated very deep in the mouth piece.  I taper the inside of the mouth piece from about 1/2: to 9/32 over the length of the mouth piece which I think helps channel the air flow and makes the call very easy to blow and control.  They are more of a short to medium range call.  Something I was looking for because of the type of cover I hunt.  The short barrle gives them a very crisp sound as there is nothing to soak up the sound coming out.  They work well with high pitched reeds. 

These have become my personal favorite closed reed calls.  I have two of them on my lanyard now.  One high pitched and one raspy cottontail.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Todd Rahm

Al,

I'll take this one too from your sight if'n ya don't mind.

Cocobolo Barrel & Dark Cocobolo Mouth Piece

Very nice...............stocking stuffers for me.  :innocentwhistle:

THO Game Calls

They are 20 each to you Todd.  4 bucks shipping via Priority Mail. 

Thanks again

Al

Todd Rahm

Hey thanks Al,

I was depressed about missing the one Stray got  :innocentwhistle: So I checked out your sight and man is that a smoker over there.  :congrats:

I'll get it off to ya. Thanks again Al.
Todd

Bopeye

Those are some pretty calls...........I'd be afraid I'd lose one hunting with it.  :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

nailbender

Very nice!  Love the new design!

Bob D

Luv those bonkers! And they sound as good as they look.

Montana Hunter

FinsnFur

Quote from: THO Game Calls on November 25, 2006, 10:42:15 PM

I call them bonkers.  Because when your hunting budy makes noise, moves, breaks wind or whatever when you are on stand, you can flip them around and usie the mouth piece as a handle and Bonk him on the noggin with the barrel.

I might be hunting a little with Bop at the LBL...I SHOULD get a couple of these  :sneer:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

I have always liked the looks of your calls AL keepem turning :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net