• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Arky's Best Call....or "ABC"

Started by Arkyyoter, December 11, 2006, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I know I haven't been around much of late guys.....lots going on and a TON of time developing the call I am about to show ya'll...

As many of you know....I strive constantly to create new and better calls. I have spent literally countless hours trying to make a call that would be most things you need a call to be, for most folks.... It is a daunting task at best.

When we start out, as new callers, most of us start out with a closed reed call. We do this because they are much quicker/easier to learn. The price we pay for this is a limited number of sounds that we can make....in the past, we could not make a KiYi on a closed reed call....we could not make a howl/yote vocals on a closed reed call....

As we progressed in our calling ability, we tried an open reed call.....we found we could make so many more sounds with an open reed.....we could make shrill sounds, lower pitched sounds, we could do yote vocals....WOW.....

Then we learned we could do bird sounds, easier and better with some calls...but bird sounds we could do.....

WHEW...it took us several calls to be able to learn/do all this stuff....

In trying to make one call easy enough for a beginner, yet versatile enough for an advanced caller, Arky's Best Call was born....It is my best call to date. I really like this little call, I mean REALLY!!

As an enclosed reed call, it will do wonderful distress, both Jack and Cottontail...with very little work, it will do yote vocals too.....it makes a nice howl, and very nice barks, and KiYis.....does it sound as good as a dedicated howler....Well, of course not...does it make a howl that is useful and sufficient??? You bet your sweet bippy it does!! So guys.... those of you who have difficulty with an open reed, you can now howl efficiently with an enclosed reed call!! In it's enclosed reed configuration, it will also make fantastic bird distress sounds....and LOUDLY if you wish.

OK.....that's not all guys....after you master the enclosed reed sounds....pull this sucker apart......now you have an open reed that rivals my Kat Kaller....it will do very high pitches...or Jack or Cottontail.....it will do yote vocals as well....and do them nicely.

Does all this sound too good to be true??? Probably, but it is true...all this with very little air, and quick to learn.

I only have three of these little guys, I will be making more....I almost forgot....the inserts, tone boards, and wedges are all polycarbonate...sound great and tough to boot.

The top call is Arkansas Pecan...had a worm/knot hole...I filled it and left it...I liked the uniqueness of it...

The next call down is Arkansas Redbud....beautiful wood, you rarely ever see....

The last one is a piece of Arkansas Osage....I guess Osage is my favorite wood...

Here is all three calls in both their enclosed reed and their open reed configurations...

Pecan

Redbud

Osage

I hope ya'll like these as much as I do...if I could only carry one call, this would be it.

These are 30.00 each to your door.....

They will soon be available in an all polycarbonate version from Buck Gardner, but for now..... :yoyo:

As always, thanks so much for your time...
  :bowingsmilie:  :biggrin:

Joe

Arkyyoter

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

That was fast! :shck:  Looks like a great call Joe! :congrats:

Todd Rahm

Hey Joe can't see them from work but will check them out in the morning. They must be some hotties to be gone already.  :congrats:

You know I'll pick up a few of your new "designs" calls.  :wink: