• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Desert Ironwood and Maple Burl

Started by Hawks Feather, December 17, 2006, 01:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I have finished up this call and wanted to post it to see if anyone was interested.  This call is a laminated Desert Ironwood and Maple Burl and has a 5/8 inch tone board that is glued into the call.  It has been finished inside and out and would look great in any collection, but will produce sounds that should go to the field. This call is $35.00.  As always, if you are not 100% satisfied with one of my calls, just return it for a full refund.

Thanks for looking,

Jerry

WhiteHare

Jerry,
Really like the new surroundings....super job.  Your calls are neat too...

Yep you can call me Dick...
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Todd Rahm

Well Darn Jerry.I'm at work and can't see the pic. I'll chech her out first thing in the morning though.  :huh:

FinsnFur

Very nice Jerry  :congrats:
Kinda artsy with the camera too, aint ya  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

RagnCajn

Nice call. Pm me with an address. I will send the funds tomorrow. ThanksRandy
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

Hawks Feather

Randy,

PM is on the way.

The "new" background is the first hawk I made, many years ago.  The knife is a Fetterman thrower from about the same time as the hawk.

Jerry

RagnCajn

Got it and I replied. Do you sell any of those hawks. I think one of those would look nice on my wall. Randy

Montana Hunter

Super Nice!  I love the contrasting colors of the wood.  That Ironwood is some tough stuff.  I bet it is harder on your turning tools too!  Looks great!  :yoyo: MH

MattS

Great job Jerry, I agree with everyone in the woods look great together.

Matt

keekee

Thats very nice Jerry! I need to find me some desert iron wood and try it sometime, sure is pretty stuff!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Brent,

If you find any Desert Ironwood at a reasonable price, buy it all.  They have restricted removing it from the desert and also Mexico has banned removing it as well.  I found one guy that had a few sticks that would work for calls and I bought them all.  Most of it is cut for knives and pistol grips - they can get more for it cut that way.  It is nice to turn and is similar to blackwood, only a little more brittle.  If you have sharp tools it works nice.  The burl is another matter.  That is what takes the time on these calls.

Thanks for the compliments,

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Man, tht thing is nice Hawk. Not that I doubted it..............I just couldn't see it  :biggrin: And that appears to be some great luck for Ragn.  :biggrin:

RagnCajn

Got it hawk, Thanks . That thing is loud. Great finish too.

Hawks Feather

Glad to hear that it made and that you are happy with it.  I got your check today and will hold it for a couple of days to see if you change your mind about the call.  As for the hawk, haven't made any for quite a few years.  I have a standing order for two - one for each daughter, so I know where the next two (whenever that might be) will go.

Jerry

FinsnFur

...that check aint no good anyway. Hold it as long as you want.  :laf:  :innocentwhistle:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

RagnCajn

Just dont set that check down on any thing flamable.

FinsnFur

:confused: That's all I get?
Man, I was looking to rile ya.... :shrug:   :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

RagnCajn