• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

great dove recipe

Started by bowjunkie, September 13, 2007, 09:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowjunkie

most people just save the breast on doves...take the breasts put in a zip lock add a small amount of olive oil and a teaspoon or so of minced garlic, mix thoroughly remove em and let sit for about fifteen min or so to drain off excess oil (this lets the garlic stick to the breasts ), season pepper to taste add a slice of green chile to the hollow on the inside of breast ,wrap with a slice of bacon  (trimmed to wrap one time ) run a toothpick(sometimes it takes a couple toothpicks)  through to hold everything in place and grill till done (ussually 20 min or so )

the bacon keeps the breast from drying out and they are delicious

FinsnFur

Oh mannnnnn  :eyebrow: that sounds real good.  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

As the pirate says on Veggie Tales, "You are making me hungry."

Jerry

bigben

another good one is using a jalpeno and stuff the jalpeno with cream cheese then wrap it with bacon.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

SCcoyotehunter

I like to filet the breast from the bone wrap a piece of jalopeno pepper and bacon, then marinate in Allegro Hickiry Smoke marinade. Then grill over charcoal. Make ya wanna smack ya grandma

alscalls

We also make dove and celery stew with potatoes and onions.......mmmmmmmmmm
Mostly we wrap with bacon and grill as above. NUUUUUUUmy  Nummy
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

msmith

I'll have to remember this recipe the next time I have the urge to shoot up a couple boxes of shells. I can't hit the dang things, but..this fall I'll have the Big Dawg sniping them with the pellet gun and we'll try this one out. Sounds delicious.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI