• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I took some newbes bowfishing the other night i think they are hooked

Started by topdawg, June 29, 2008, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

centerfire_223

Those are some nice fish. I would love to get into some bigheads like that. Wish we had them here in SC.

I went all the way out to St. Louis to shoot some one time, never seen the first one. Didn't see any silvers either.

I finished up my boat a couple of weeks ago. I am just getting started this year, running a little late huh?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Those are big head carp, an invasive species from Asia I think. They are taking over the rivers in the mid west. There are another species that is recking havoc out there too and those are silver carp, again from Asia. These fish go crazy and jump in the air when they fell motor vibrations. Check this out.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Ahhhhhhhhhh those are the jumping ones :yoyo:
Seen that stuff before. SO how did they get here if they are an invasive species from asia?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jimmie in Ky

They tried the bigheads, silvers and black carp in catfish ponds to keep them clean of algea and other problems in Arkansas in the nineties. The floods of 94 and 95 got high enough to flood the ponds and released them into the Mississippi River drainage. They are very prolific breeders and have taken over the whole drainage in such a short time. Manage to hook one of these things and you have one heck of a fight on your hands. They are looking for ways to utilize these things here in the states but can't convince anyone they can take the place of salmon or tuna.They are a hichly prized food source in thier country's of origin. Jimmie

topdawg

down south they  :roflmao: :biggrin:are taking them and cooking them up for the prison inmates ....i say let them eat sh#t but i recon that is close enough
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

CCP

Looks like you guys had one hell of a time. Wish I could get on some fish like that.We haven't got out this year  :sad:

May have to look you up next year for a night or two.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Coon hunter

Quality Whole sale and customer Taxidermy

Coon hunting  Its a passion .