• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What type of bow does everyone shoot?

Started by wv_yoter, September 18, 2007, 05:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

QuoteDang, that's cool.      Or did she just let you buy it ? 
She and a friend set me up and figured out all the right specs. She comes home and tells me that the trunk will not open. I go out to the garage and BAM there it is. I had no Idea plus she knew I would never buy it on my own.

KySongDog

I shoot a Martin that I've had for a lot of years.  74lb peak weight, no sights, three fingers under the arrow but sometimes use a release.  Every once in a while I get lucky with that set up and hit something.   :wink:

studabaka

I have a challenge I will need to conclude on..... Back in the stone age when I learned to shoot, there were no sights, no compounds, the arrow rest was the top of your hand..... anyway, I learned to shoot right handed, but I'm left eye dominant. Was not really a problem with instinctive shooting, but a big problem when you try to use sights the way they are meant to be used. I have a less than optimal work around by covering my left eye when I shoot, but as I consider buying a new rig I am torn between getting a left handed one and trying to get comfortable relearning my mechanics ..... or stick with right handed  :shrug:

Any thoughts?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

bowjunkie

stu I have the same problem when I was taught to shoot way back when it was are ya right or left handed well if you were right you shot right  :shrug: so I shoot right handed and left eye dominant tryed switchin but man what a pain in the arse  :roflmao: I just deal with it  :wink:

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

desert dog

I have used a PSE baby G for the past 4 years.  It has worked very well for me in Arizona and in Alaska.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

iahntr

Stu, I'm another one blessed with this. I just close my left eye when I shoot. Not really a big deal to me. Some people are pretty good about being ambidextrous, I'm definitely not one that has that ability.  :nono:  I guess my opinion is just to close your eye. I don't feel it has handicapped me at all.
Scott

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

BigB

Mathews Legacy does the trick for me. 

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

CypressSlough

Mathews Legacy for me too. For the times I'm really feeling lucky, a bois d'arc long bow my dad made.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

DGF

Howard  Hill Long Bow Or a Jeffery recurve.

songdog

I shoot a mathews feather max... been shooting it since about 98...

finhunter

I hunt with a Elite Archery, Synergy. This company was started by one of the engineers that worked at Bowtech.

http://www.elitearchery.com/
FinHunter

" I've spent most of my life hunting and fishing. The rest of the time was just wasted."

stoney15

The only one worth shooting. :innocentwhistle: :doh2:Bowtech Guardian

bowslinger

A 92 or 93 Alpine Cheyenne hunter Compound and Bear kodiak mag for me, with a newer Alpine on layaway. Lil has a warrior internature youth left handed recurve and a '08 Edge and a '06 Parkers buckshot.

MELSDAD

jimneye

awh

Checkmate recurve
Red Wing Hunter Recurve
Iron Mountain longbow

And soon to come.. a self bow that we are making. Tis almost ready to start the finish work on.... :eyebrow:

All with cedar shaft arrows of course.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

ohiobob

Howatt Hunter Recurve
Assenheimer Custom Take Down Recurve (1 of only 3 with Stripes on Face & Back)
Kohanna Long Bow
Self Made Port Orford Cedar Shafts
Rothaar Snuffer Broadheads

I owned a Compound for 1 year and sold it, it was a 35% let Off, I have never Shot or Drawn a 80% Let Off Bow, is it that different holding only 20% ???
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

iahntr

Yeah it's a huge difference, especially if you're used to shooting traditional style. Might even feel a bit awkward.  :laf:
I looked up the Assenheimer bows, good lookin bow. I couldn't find a Kohanna site. What poundage ya pullin on your bows?
Scott