• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Jim - need some help

Started by BigB, December 06, 2010, 08:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

Jim, you ever heard anything of this thing:  hmouHopOSV.exe

Cisco keeps catching it every few minutes on my computer and containing it.  I ran Symantec last night and it didn't notice anything bad.

Thanks,
Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

KySongDog

I'm sure Jim will have the scoop on this thing but a Google search shows it is some sort of trojan program.  Not a good thing.

FinsnFur

I havent heard of that one yet.
But Symantec (which is Norton) isnt going to notice it if you havent kept the software updated.
The best thing to do now would be to go to their site and see if it's mentioned there. If it is, they will have removal instructions.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

BigB

It's new enough that Norton doesn't have it listed yet.   :doh2:

Cisco is keeping it at bay, but it tries itself every hour.  Hopefully they will have a fix for it soon.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

CCP

From what I have read so far is Malwarebytes will remove it but the Trojan wont let Mbam run so changing the Mbam file to another name like firefox.exe will let Mbam run and get rid of this thing.

Take it for what it is, something I have read on the internet.  :eyebrow:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net